Nas server, iPad , apple tv HDTV......

the_fury_2000

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Hoping someone can help...

I have a jail broken iPad 2(the jailbreak may be irrelevant though)

I only have 16gb so storing a lot of films isn't possible.

I would like to set up some kind of network storage at home so I can download films/torrents etc and it automatically saves them on a network hard drive
I believe a NAS server does this???

I then want to play these films through my HDTV

Then here is the clincher.....I want to control the films etc through my iPad.

So....

Is it possible to use one of these NAS servers that plugs into my router which in turn plugs into apple tv then my HDTV?
Therefore I could use my iPad to control the apple tv?

Or is there a network hardrive that has hdmi out capability but also then the capability to install and use iPad as a controller (therefore negating the need for buying apple tv??)

Any help appreciated!!!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
With an Apple-TV and a computer running iTunes, you can run a movie from an iTunes Library on a computer with the iTunes library stored on a NAS device, and control the Apple-TV from an iPad or iPhone even with the app Remote from the AppStore. As long as iTunes is running on the computer used to sync the Apple-TV, it will see everything on the NAS as available to it to play - and you can run the Apple-TV with the Remote app fine and dandy.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Or is there a network hardrive that has hdmi out capability but also then the capability to install and use iPad as a controller (therefore negating the need for buying apple tv??)
IIRC Western Digital offers such devices but I'm not sure about the iPad control aspect. I'm also not sure about HDMI out. You'd have to verify that.

You may need to look at your question as several, smaller sub-tasks rather than running across some all-in-one solution.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77