Last night my I Pad had a major breakdown. Voice feedback for everything, and no response to tapping, swiping, etc. After stewing for a minute, I decided to try Restore. Take heart, I Pad fans, it worked flawlessly. All my apps are now back in folders where they belong -- that was a little tedious, but not hard. I just wonder what happened? Surely there are others who have had the same experience. What is with the voice prompts?
    07-17-2011 10:47 AM
    This can happen once in a while. Next time it happens try doing a soft reset and see if that helps clear things up.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    pjtiern likes this.
    07-17-2011 10:54 AM
    That was one of the things I thought of but had no real idea where the "reset" button is -- I actually looked for the place to poke my pen.
    07-17-2011 10:58 AM
    Found it by searching this site. Thanks for the tip.
    07-17-2011 11:03 AM
    well done, grasshopper...
    07-17-2011 11:06 AM
    That was one of the things I thought of but had no real idea where the "reset" button is -- I actually looked for the place to poke my pen.
    Don't poke anything into the iPad. A soft reset is done by holding the top (power) and bottom front (home) button for a few seconds. Your iPad will restart.

pjtiern likes this.
    07-17-2011 11:10 AM
    In that case ignore my last post. I'm glad you figured it out.

07-17-2011 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD