iPad 2 not charging

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone know why my new iPad won't charge at my computer or in my car? Is there a setting I can adjust or is it supposed to work this way, or did I get a faulty iPad? Thanks!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know why my new iPad won't charge at my computer or in my car? Is there a setting I can adjust or is it supposed to work this way, or did I get a faulty iPad? Thanks!

PC or Mac? It wont charge on PC. Not enough power . But it does actually charge very very slow even though it says its not charging.

Reactions: SK1

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
PC or Mac? It wont charge on PC. Not enough power . But it does actually charge very very slow even though it says its not charging.

It really charges on a PC? I have a relative who works for HP and I plugged in my iPad in his server he tests and it still didn't charge.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It really charges on a PC? I have a relative who works for HP and I plugged in my iPad in his server he tests and it still didn't charge.

It depends on the USB port... but the USB standard is 5w and the iPad chargers put out 10w... so it won't charge like the wall wort charger... however it should still help. The problem is with the screen lit and the iPad "running" it's using at least as much power as the USB port can feed it...

applelove32

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Get a 2 amp wall charger. It will seriously increase the charging time for your iPad! Scosche makes the ReVIVE charger for the wall and the car and it works wonders when trying to charge ipads.

celt007

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
need to use wall adapter it came with , wont charge off a usb port from pc, notebook, etc... I also bought a couple of usb wall plug chargers , they were next to cash register at wall mart 10$ each , they wont work with ipad... so if you need to get one make sure it has the correct specifications for charging .Just saying.