best cydia app for ipad2

Supra1jz

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
ok people i was wanting to know from other uses what are some great cydia apps for the ipad 2 from cydia this is my first ipad2 and jailbroken just want to get a good feel for it so wanted to know what others are using thanks all..

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The ones that I've downloaded so far:
Shrink
Gridlock
Hide Battery status bar
No Spot
Blue HD WiFi Logo iOS4

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get LockInfo to work on my iPad 2 as well which was nice. One app that I didn't try on the iPad 2 that I am using now on my iPhone 4 is iSwype. It works almost as well as the Android devices that I was using in the past.

Supra1jz

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea I got lockinfo to work but on it I cant get the weather themes to work on the ipad2 but it does work just fine on the iPhone but I have been looking for some cool apps I did try 5 row keyboard and can't get that to work yet.

ssemmel

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten winterboard to work? I installed it and made all the icons move and my ipad 2 kept rebooting. I had to restore it twice.

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't call them 'apps', as the ones I tell you are more 'tweaks', but here they are:

- SBSettings

I'm a minimalist and SBSettings (through dependencies) also installs 'libhide' and 'Activator' for you.

Through SBSettings, you can hide apps, clearing up your Springboard of clutter. You can always access these apps later using Spotlight (the search one swipe left of the first page of the home screen) provided you have that active in Settings.

SBSettings also gives you little tweaks, by allowing you to add your numerical battery percentage to the status bar (absent on iPad), add the date or you IP Address to the status bar etc..

And (in Settings) through the use of Activator, you can set different 'actions' to do different things on your iDevice. For example (and these are user definable of course):

- Swipe Left on the Status Bar: Emulate a press of the Home Button
- Swipe Right on the Status Bar: Pulls up the Switcher Bar
- Pinch an icon at Springboard: Locks the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch
- Press up, then down on the volume: Go to previous song.
- Press down, then up on the volume: Go to next song.
- Flip the Mute/Rotation Lock switch forward and back quickly: Pause/Play the current song.

Some of these will be made redundant through the release of iOS 5 for the iPad (Multifinger Gestures) and some people are already using this on their iPads through a 'Developer Mode' setting on XCode.

But otherwise, I believe that SBSettings and Activator are the perfect, (albeit) simplest tools that a power user could wish for.

After all, aren't the most powerful tweaks the simplest of them all?

Also, I've attached a picture of my first and second Home Screens. You'll see that they are all I have. Sorry for wasting your time if you were looking for something beastly or am not a minimalist/power user. (x

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten winterboard to work? I installed it and made all the icons move and my ipad 2 kept rebooting. I had to restore it twice.

@ssemmel: Winterboard hasn't been the best for iPad 2 just yet. Many of the default themes aren't working correctly for me. For example, the theme that is meant to remove my docked apps' icon labels simply darkens the font, though they are still visible and the theme that is meant to remove my UNdocked apps' icon labels failed to do anything at all.

This might just be something to do with the iPad 2's (possible) different software structure (assuming that WinterBoard has worked with iPad, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th Generation).

So unless you are able to find somebody with a fix OR find a theme that specifically boasts compatibility with iPad 2 @ iOS 4.3.3, you may just have to wait until WinterBoard is updated.

NOTE THOUGH, I feel a bit uncertain about what I said about the iPad 2's software structure and if the structure is different, then the way WinterBoard implements themes what has to be different in iOS 4.3.3 not the themes themselves, so please take what I have said as a possibility, not what is fact.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Winterboard was working ok for me, however, as was mentioned above, some things were not displaying as they should.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
RetinaPad was the reason I JB, SBSettings a close #2, the rest I have installed are really just fluff, I'm trying to keep it simple so updating and re-JBing will be easier. I kind of went nuts on my iP4, trying to avoid anything that uses WinterBoard on the iP2.

Denise04

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys I m thinking of jail breaking my iPad not sure yet though if I did after I installed cydia wat do I do to get apps on my iPad and can my iPad get a virus?

Supra1jz

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I m thinking of jail breaking my iPad not sure yet though if I did after I installed cydia wat do I do to get apps on my iPad and can my iPad get a virus?

Well I would have to say I love my ipad2 and I well have to say I love it even more with it jailbroken there is just so many thing u can do once you jailbreak the ipad2 right on the home page you will see many app that are loved by others and on the beginning of this post there are comment about app other users use that are great app..

Now on getting a virus I would say not I have never gotten a virus I would have to say all app are tested I believe before being add on cydia that is what I think so there u go enjoy.

Also remember to jailbreak your iPad2 you most be on 4.3.3 and you just have to open safari and goto jailbreakme.com

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW