Hi folks, I was just wondering how many of you have purchased a SquareTrade warranty or what your thoughts on them are. I just bought my iPad 2 on June 24th and a week later on July 1....I sit here heartbroken with shattered dreams, a broken heart...and an iPad 2 in equal condition. Since it was an accident, Apple told me that I would have to pay $269 to get it replaced (it's a 16GB). My question is: Once I replace it, would any of you recommend the square trade warranty over applecare? I see that square trade covers liquid damage and accidental damage. What is your experience with filing a report? Were you satisfied? All feedback is appreciated guys.

07-05-2011 09:19 AM
    I have purchased many warranties through square trade from the washing maching to tv's and my iphones and ipad. They do cover accidental damage and water damage. The only thing they don't cover is loss or theft. And I believe $0 deductible as well. I have never made a claim so I don't have any experience that way but their prices are good and you can cancel anytime if you aren't happy with them.

Bob
    07-05-2011 09:47 AM
    Another good option is to see if your homeowners/renters insurance will cover your iPad under personal property.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    07-05-2011 10:23 AM
    How did u break it did u drop it off a roof. Any way square trade is a good insurNce to have on your devices apple care won't cover things like broken screens or any type of user error.
    08-02-2011 10:42 AM
    I've actually used my Square Trade warranties a few times. Recently on a digital camera and a Windows laptop. Both were repaired and returned quickly. No complaints.
    08-02-2011 02:24 PM
    I've got square trade on my iPad and digital camera. I've heard very good things about square trade. Good choice

---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-04-2011 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD