Do you need to charge daily?

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm a fairly heavy iPad2 user. On a light use day, mine is down to 57% at 7pm. How low does your battery get each day? Similar use on the original iPad and I could go two days often. This is the wifi model. What are others experiencing? Is my battery running down too quickly? I have appointment with the Genius Bar tomorrow and I'm trying to decide if I want to try for a replacement.

ongre10

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
No. I have let it go down to 35% before charging but normally I charge around 50%. The screen is the heaviest power user followed by the radio. My screen goes blank quickly if I don't touch it unless a video is playing. I have streamed videos all day and have been pleasantly surprised at how long the battery lasts. Go to your appointment, but I bet they school you on power conservation and send you on your way. I could be wrong though. Power consumption is one reason these devices are "magical", maybe a lemon slips through the apple occasionally.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Already implemented power conservation measures. If I tried to read in bed, the iPad would probably be down below 30%. just need to benchmark against others as a sanity check. Clearly this 2 doesn't get the battery life of the original iPad.

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this is that bad... then I am comparing it to the tablet I had before that... Xoom. I played Infinity Blade yesterday for about an hour and I only went down 8% which for a game like that I didn't think was that bad at all! I usually charge mine once it gets around 30-40% and thats every 2 days I would say.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
New ipad

The Genius swapped out my ipad2 for a new one. Light leaks virtually eliminated (very happy) and battery seems better. Will report back in a couple of days.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The Genius swapped out my ipad2 for a new one. Light leaks virtually eliminated (very happy) and battery seems better. Will report back in a couple of days.

I'm glad they were able to switch it out for you. Usually with mod to heavy usage I am still able to go at least 48 hours on a full charge.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
As the OP - my last follow up to this thread. Battery life on the new iPad2 is back to getting the better part of 48 hours under moderate to heavy usage and...no light leaks. Thanks to all who shared their experiences.

Hup55

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe how amazing my ipad 2 battery life is! I am a heavy user and easily get 2 days. My PB is horrible and with heavy use won't even get until the end of the day.

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine a week today and I've been needing a nightly charge. Mainly because it's been getting hammered!

I read a lot of books, and will be using the ipad for that from now on. When I do I'll just turn wifi off. 3G is only switched on if I'm roaming.

When the initial urge to use it has died down, I expect I'll need to charge every 3 days ( from 100% to 0).

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Must say my iPad 2 lasts ages but it not my daily driver so that being said my iPhone 4 will probably get me to 30% by 7pm on moderate to heavy usage without charging it.

I normally keep it plugged in when i can though to keep it topped up :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods