Whats your charging routine?

aihna

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Whats your charging routine?
How often do you charge your iPad, and what percentage is it usually at when you charge? I do it every night since I run it down to about ~25%.
Feel free to add in anything else about charging you want.

kiancheong

Nov 18, 2008
www.onemoretap.com
That sounds about right at 25%. Once in awhile I let it go down to around 10%.

Running it down so low is bad for your charge cycles. I usually charge mine when it gets depleted by about 10%.

I wrote this article in 2009 and have been following the same ritual for all my batter-powered devices: http://www.onemoretap.com/2009/06/04/tips-calibrate-and-prolong-your-iphone-battery-life/

Apple's battery page recommends something similar to what I wrote. :)

Hope you'll find it helpful.

dev2nsu

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Umm mm I usually charge mines around the 40% mark. Once in a while I will let my battery fully drain since apple said to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I just plug it in at night, but once a month or so run through a full cycle. Also, if I am driving and using the GPS or something along those lines I may plug it in.

Last edited:

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I usually let mine get down to single digits before I charge it. I try to do a full cycle charge at least once a month.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Running it down so low is bad for your charge cycles. I usually charge mine when it gets depleted by about 10%.

I wrote this article in 2009 and have been following the same ritual for all my batter-powered devices: http://www.onemoretap.com/2009/06/04/tips-calibrate-and-prolong-your-iphone-battery-life/

Apple's battery page recommends something similar to what I wrote. :)

Hope you'll find it helpful.

So maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying. Are you telling me that when your phone gets down to 90% you charge it?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm dock happy. It's not a matter of looking at percentages. Usually when not in use, it sits on dock. It also pulls double duty displaying photos.

Similar with iphone, clock dock at night, hooked to PC at work via dock, sits in TomTom mount during driving, so battery life isn't really a problem.

I'm not worried about ruining batteries and all that. These products have a year or two year life at max for me.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am always plugged in. In the car or at work or at home. I have plugs and cables everywhere. I also take portable batteries with me. I hate not having juice.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
I charge mine while I work during the week. I have it plugged in and sitting next to me on my desk with the smart cover propping it up. I've only had it for a few days but it seems to be working well for me.

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I charge here and there all day... dock at work, car charger while driving, overnight at home. Once a month though, I will let it drop below 10% and give a full cycle charge.

wryun

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
If I run out of battery during the day, then I charge it.
Other than that, mine is always plugged in each night while I sleep.

ongre10

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My iPad2 is a WiFi version. I like how when it goes to sleep the battery use is nil and it wakes up immediately. I charge it when it goes below 50% or so. A lot depends on where I am going and what I will be doing the next day or so. I did buy a 2 amp car USB charger so it can be charged as I drive, but I have never had to use it. At work it is on battery and I use it to play music and surf the net during lunch breaks. I use the hotspot on my android phone on Verizon for that. One reason I returned the Xoom I had and ordered this iPad2 64gb device is the battery engineering. Apple has worked out a balance of features and hardware design to achieve a really good product.
As I see it, Microsoft is the big loser here. They still don't have good portable device operating systems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro