Stopped using an iPad case

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or do the iPad cases end up feeling clunky and annoying during extended use? I never use my case anymore, I throw it on if I'm putting my iPad in my backpack, but everywhere else, I just use it vanilla. Well, I have a ZAGG leather skin on the back and screen protector, but it's not like a case still. I have a leather book style case, that flips open or props the iPad up at an angle for typing.

Anyone else starting to feel like their case is just annoying? Even useless?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mio_Ray

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have never used any kind of case for my device. I do have the smart cover but mostly because it provides good grip when carrying the iPad and for the stand functions.

Never protector as I believe the best experience is to use it as it was built.

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a yaobao that holds it in various positions, I use it because it is so darn helpful as a stand not because it is a case.

I got an incipio feather for it when it wasn't in that but the thing cracked right away, I feel like that was a waste of money.

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a yaobao that holds it in various positions, I use it because it is so darn helpful as a stand not because it is a case.

I got an incipio feather for it when it wasn't in that but the thing cracked right away, I feel like that was a waste of money.

I hate it when stuff like that happens :( I feel your pain.

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I love the Apple case for the first iPad and have always used that with it plus a screen protector. When I take it out of the case it still looks brand new front and back.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I always use a case because I dont want scratches. My iPad cost me too much money for me not to protect it. I like the Apple folder case and the iFrogz

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought my wife a TPU case for her iPad. Doesn't really add much in the way of bulk, and actually makes it feel a little more secure in the hand.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When I first got my first gen iPad I never used a case, because it was so gorgeous I didn't want to cover it. It quickly gained scratches on the back of the case and even a scratch on the screen (ugh), so since then, unless I'm syncing it (I use the iPad dock), I keep it in the black Apple iPad case.

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I constantly waste money on cases for my iPad, just looking for the perfect 'one'. I've yet to find it. Like you, I prefer it completely naked.

Were the Smart Cover more perfectly executed, I would still be using that.

I have one scratch on my iPad, but that was due to my own stupidity by setting something on the screen. Through day to day use, I've yet to scratch the back or anywhere else.

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I constantly waste money on cases for my iPad, just looking for the perfect 'one'. I've yet to find it. Like you, I prefer it completely naked.

Were the Smart Cover more perfectly executed, I would still be using that.

I have one scratch on my iPad, but that was due to my own stupidity by setting something on the screen. Through day to day use, I've yet to scratch the back or anywhere else.

Damn. I got a scratch on my screen in a week, while I was waiting for my ZAGG screen protector to come in the mail :(

zpithika

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea I personally hate cases so I opted to just get the smart cover for home use and then I'm going to get a sleeve when I need to take it to school. Other than that I love devices being how they were built.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Fumkacz

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I used hard shell case for my iPad2 and it was really burning my hands. I guess the plastic it was made of was of some bad quality. I am saying you need to protect your device if you dont want it get scratched quickly but it may be multiple try before you will find THAT one.

Nashstruck

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't risk dropping a 500 pounds device naked... so I'll forever use a case with it.. might earn me 20-30 pounds more too if I keep it in good condition for when I resell it.. if ever.

Padeasel

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
A Bweasel iPad stand should be considered.

I developed a very functional stand called a Bweasel that only weighs 3oz. and attaches to the iPad. When attached, it is small enough to stow in a soft sleeve. The Bweasel supports the iPad at any angle in either landscape or portrait position. With the Bweasel, the iPad is very easey to use while standing and also very convenient to use in bed. The Bweasel for the iPad 1 is currently selling for $29.99 but will be reduced this week to $24.99 in preparation for the introduction of a Bweasel stand for the iPad 2 which is expected to be available later next week. The Bweasel for the iPad 2 will be priced at $24.99 for the first 30 days and then be priced at $29.99. For more information and video search bweasel iPad stand

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Love the naked feel but not a fan of having to be so careful with it. :D

Ditto, but I really worry about scratching the back. I bought a Belkin snap on back shield today-works with the smart cover and still lets the back of the iPad show through. So far, I love it. Will still slip it into a cloth bag or sleeve with I put it in my purse.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77