ipad 2 wifi or 3G

dejagood

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I am sure this may have been answered but I can't seem to find it, so I thought I'd ask the wonderful people on this forum for a quick(er) response since I have someone asking me to order them an ipad.

We are looking into getting an ipad 2 with wifi (really either). If in the future I decide to want to use the internet on the go, can I always get a mifi (verizon) to use with it?

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes. You can always get a mifi later. And the good thing is they have the 4G LTE mifi's out now if you have 4G available in your area. Check Verizons site also as they are rolling out 4G to more cities throughout the year.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Personal preference I believe! I just ordered an iPad 2 online from Apple and I went with the wifi only version! I feel that I am never, ever without my iPhone so I am just going to run a wifi hotspot from my phone when I'm out and about in areas that don't have wifi! It also saves on having another data plan every month. To each their own I guess.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the iPad in WiFi only and the iPad2 with 3G. I actually prefer the the 3G iPad more. I have a WiFi hotspot and I find unless I am somewhere I am parking it for a while the 3G is eaiser and faster to use.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I had both for evaluation and made the WiFi only a personal choice because I know I will not be without phone that has hotspot. Other associates got the 3G and find the $130 for the radio and higher monthly costs worth it to them.

Once piece of advice is which network you choose. I have users all over and travel to some rural areas and see Verizon is the safer bet when it comes to having faster data away from populated areas or major traffic corridors.

No rights or wrongs here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2