Apple must be cheating! :)

dandbj13

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
So, Is Apple Cheating?

According to Rob Enderle, the only explanation for Apple's unchallenged success from the iPod to the iPad is that Apple must be cheating in some dastardly, untraceable way. It is just not conceivable the competitors could be that stupid. Here are a couple of snippets:

Given the absolute failure of companies ranging from Microsoft to Motorola to field competitive offerings over an extended period of time, it seems at least likely that there has been some improper activity. From the iPod through the iPad, no one has created a credible competitor. The most heavily funded attempt was the Zune, and Microsoft initially fielded a product that looked like a square brown turd.

...Last week, another iPad competitor bit the dust, and so far no vendor has even come close to bothering Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) in the tablet space.

...If this were a poker game or any kind of sport, this kind of winning streak would have us wondering if the winner were cheating.

...Given the absolute failure of companies ranging from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) to Motorola (NYSE: MOT) to field competitive offerings over an extended period of time, it seems at least likely that there has been some improper activity. From the iPod through the iPad, no one has created a credible competitor.

After pointing out several examples of failures and poor decision making such as the Palm Pre, XOOM, and PlayBook, he goes on to say:

Is it really more credible that people are so colossally stupid, or has Apple stacked the deck? What are the odds of every Apple competitor being an idiot vs. a very smart company having an incredibly proficient and active intelligence organization?

Well, there you have it. Apple must be cheating. How else can one explain the their unprecedented success in the consumer electronic space. It couldn't possibly be that Apple consistently makes better products, or that their competitors are idiots in the first degree. Thoughts?

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
So, Is Apple Cheating?

According to Rob Enderle, the only explanation for Apple's unchallenged success from the iPod to the iPad is that Apple must be cheating in some dastardly, untraceable way. It is just not conceivable the competitors could be that stupid. Here are a couple of snippets:

After pointing out several examples of failures and poor decision making such as the Palm Pre, XOOM, and PlayBook, he goes on to say:

Well, there you have it. Apple must be cheating. How else can one explain the their unprecedented success in the consumer electronic space. It couldn't possibly be that Apple consistently makes better products, or that their competitors are idiots in the first degree. Thoughts?

It really is difficult to explain to someone who has not taken the kool-aid.

I have always known that the value of these devices goes up as one enters one's own data and applications. The difference between the initial perceived value of an iPad to an iPhone user over that of a non-iPhone user is huge.

Those industry gurus who think that just any tablet can compete with the iPad just do not get it. When I was a small boy, my daddy said to me, "Son, sell applications, not speeds and feeds."

If Apple has a secret, it is that new products build on the success of earlier ones. New products conserve and incorporate the value that owner effort and use added to old ones.

This afternoon, my iPad 2 will be delivered. All I have to do make it my own is one sync to iTunes. It will then incorporate all of the content of all my Apple products back to my iPod with the click wheel on the front. All my music, my audio-books, movies, e-books, readers, notes, files, contacts, applications, calendar entries, trips, configurations ever. How can a droid hope to compete with that. Imagine how long it would take to bring a droid tablet to that level of sophistication.

Even if you are not already an Apple user/customer/fanboy, other tablets are not competitive. One knows that the iPad is a successful product with hundreds of applications and hundreds of thousands of apps. One knows that Apple will build on that. One does not even know if a competitive product will be marginally successful. One would have to pay me money to get me to switch to a droid.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2