iPad as TV ?

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible to use an iPad as a tv ??
(It's go to be set up in your car in a way that it goes in and out really easy, so it is better to buy an iPad than a music set in car) !!

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to use an iPad as a tv ??
(It's go to be set up in your car in a way that it goes in and out really easy, so it is better to buy an iPad than a music set in car) !!

I set up a make-shift mount in my car for my iPad 1 (a series of velcro straps that create a loop between two of my AC vents, so it hangs in front of my stereo/AC controls). Not hard to move it out of the way for quick access to those controls. I do plan to replace my stereo unit for one that has front-panel AUX input, as my current setup of sending audio via Bluetooth to my Ibiza FIPO that connects to an FM Transmitter lowers audio quality a bit too much.

I just load it up with audio and video podcasts. Revision3, TWiT, The Onion, No Agenda, IGN, 1UP, Beer School, KnowTech, etc. Works great with my MyFi. I am holding off on a 3G iPad or switching to WiFi tethering with AT&T until they get 3G in my area. Closest 3G area is about 15 minutes away from me, getting closer.

In a car the iPad actually works better as a CD-changer replacement, as it can hold far more music. I usually just load 2 or 3 custom playlists, 5 custom genius playlists, and 6 or 7 of the auto-generated genre based genius playlists.

FobBerry

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
There is a website called TV Catchup which is brilliant and works well on the iPad although it depends where you are. I think it may only work in the UK.

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys I just wanted to watch the TV programs in the iPad, is it possible ?? and not using net... but I saw in some sites about this TV in iPad but couldn't clarify it completely..

o2sys

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
without the net? No wifi you mean? there is no way then.

Depending on your cable company, they provide you with a free app.

My provider, Time Warner Cable has an app that allows me to watch live channel from my ipad as long as the wifi with throuhg they're modem.

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I set up a make-shift mount in my car for my iPad 1 (a series of velcro straps that create a loop between two of my AC vents, so it hangs in front of my stereo/AC controls). Not hard to move it out of the way for quick access to those controls. I do plan to replace my stereo unit for one that has front-panel AUX input, as my current setup of sending audio via Bluetooth to my Ibiza FIPO that connects to an FM Transmitter lowers audio quality a bit too much.

I just load it up with audio and video podcasts. Revision3, TWiT, The Onion, No Agenda, IGN, 1UP, Beer School, KnowTech, etc. Works great with my MyFi. I am holding off on a 3G iPad or switching to WiFi tethering with AT&T until they get 3G in my area. Closest 3G area is about 15 minutes away from me, getting closer.

In a car the iPad actually works better as a CD-changer replacement, as it can hold far more music. I usually just load 2 or 3 custom playlists, 5 custom genius playlists, and 6 or 7 of the auto-generated genre based genius playlists.

I'd imagine it does work better as a CD-changer replacement, as watching video while you're driving is not a safe thing to do.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Hey guys I just wanted to watch the TV programs in the iPad, is it possible ?? and not using net... but I saw in some sites about this TV in iPad but couldn't clarify it completely..

Not sure what you are asking.

Cablevision/Optimum has an iPad app that enables you to watch their TV programming on your iPad. You have to be their customer and on your home WiFi network. (I think you may have to be on the same cable modem as your cable box.)

There are clients for almost any device, including iPhone and iPad to watch your home TV source (e.g., Tivo, cable, satellite, or antenna) over 3G or broadband from the Slingbox server. This server is video on one side and internet on the other. It cooperates with and addressiability server so that the clients can find it from anywhere in the world. All clients are not equal but the one for the iPad is outstanding. The one for the iPhone is pretty good.

One can also download all kinds of TV programming from TV stations and networks. There is a great iPad app from ABC that allows you to watch prior episodes of their shows over WiFi or broadband.

baharharre

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Without internet .....i think satellite telecast work (you have to make some gadget):)

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Well, as I admitted, I was not sure what it was that you were asking. My current understanding is that you are asking if the iPad can be used as a broadcast television receiver. The short answer is no. The iPad does not contain a TV receiver.

Of course, that leaves the question as to whether or not there is a broadcast
TV receiver that will use the iPad for its control and display. Seems like a thorny problem for a small market. I have heard of radio receivers that work with the iPhone. That should work with the iPad. There is also a satellite radio receiver that works with an iPhone. So, what you ask for is only unlikely, not impossible.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2