Currently I own an iPad 3G (1st gen), and this has been bugging me since the announcement, is the iPad 2 worth the plunge? I've been considering it mainly because I HATE AT&T's 3G, and because I already have a data only contract with Verizon which I could just add a line to, or should I just wait for a new iPad with more features (possibly fall)?

Also please no carrier bashing.
    04-09-2011 01:32 AM
    I'm sticking with the first gen. Faster, thinner, lighter, and 2MP camera wasn't worth buying another since I have the iPhone 4. I'm waiting for the 3rd gen.
    04-09-2011 01:46 AM
    I'm sticking with the first gen. Faster, thinner, lighter, and 2MP camera wasn't worth buying another since I have the iPhone 4. I'm waiting for the 3rd gen.
    That's the reason I didn't really care for the cameras, but the graphics murder the competition.
    04-09-2011 02:17 AM
    I have the 16GB WiFi only iPad 1 and will wait until the iPad 3. I don't trust the Craigslist folk and eBay is just not the way I do things. I would rather give the iPad 1 to my daughter than sell it. I am looking to get my company to spring for the iPad. If they happens I'll have the iPad 2, if not iPad 3 next year.
    I got the 16GB iPad even though my 16GB iPod Touch was already full to capacity because I knew I would upgrade, but since the changes weren't radical enough to do so - I have to suffer though deleting stuff and having no pictures, music or movies local to the iPad.
    04-09-2011 03:01 AM
    That's the reason I didn't really care for the cameras, but the graphics murder the competition.
    If gaming is a major thing for you, then I would recommend investing in the '2'. Cause, as you already stated, it blows the competition out of the water.
    04-09-2011 04:25 AM
    I'm sticking with my iPad 1st gen myself. Although I do play games and watch video on it and the iPad 2 has better graphics and speedier processor especially for games, I don't feel the need to upgrade now. Weak cameras same resolution and white didn't do it for me. I'm waiting on iPad 3 and see what apple does with it.
    04-09-2011 07:39 AM
    If gaming is a major thing for you, then I would recommend investing in the '2'. Cause, as you already stated, it blows the competition out of the water.
    Well I use VLC a lot for movies and I have to lower the frame rate otherwise it lags. The most gaming I do on mine is the occasional Angry Birds.
    04-09-2011 06:38 PM
    I sold my 1st gen for half the money and for me the upgrade is worth it. If you're trying to decide go to an Apple store and try it out. I loved the weight and the feeling of it in my hands even though I already knew I was going to get it.
    04-09-2011 06:45 PM
    +1

10 char
    04-11-2011 09:21 AM
    I was tempted to buy the iPad 2 based on the weight alone cause reading or generally using it for extended periods, it starts to feel just a little too heavy. But once Apple reduced the price of my iPad by $100, it ruined my chance of making a decent return on it on eBay soooooo iPad 3 it is...

04-11-2011 05:07 PM
    I broke down and ordered 2 to replace gen 1 for my wife and I. I said I wasn't going to but couldn't resist any longer! Oh well, it's only $$ !
    04-17-2011 08:41 PM
    The iPad 2 is much better then the first generation iPad. I've only had miine for a few hours and am in love <3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-17-2011 09:12 PM
    I bought the ipad 2 since the Apple store had some in stock. I noticed right off the speed was faster when browsing. The camera quality was not impressive nor was the smart cover since it did not protect the back. I did like how it snapped on and closed putting the ipad in sleep mode.

The ipad 2 is lighter and thinner but something about it felt cheap compared to my ipad 1. I did not like how the sides weren't flat like the first generation model. I could not justify the cost and returned it. My ipad 1 still serves me well and is not even a year old. I also like the Apple case I have on it. It protects it well and my ipad still looks new.

I still recommend the ipad 2 for those that don't have one yet, I'm just satisfied with the first one.
    04-24-2011 01:10 AM
    if you have an iphone 4, I would just stick with the 1st gen ipad and wait for the ipad 3 or 4. Theres nothing wrong with the first one.
    04-24-2011 09:03 AM
    Played with the iPad 2 yesterday for a while and I must say that it is quite a bit better than the first!! Looks very sleek and smooth, very nice weight and incredibly smooth operation!! The first gen to me feels like a patio block compared to this one! Not saying this to be a jerk or to stir the pot but I think most everybody thinks this is true. I think the first gen is just as relevant as it always was and is a good device but I think we can all lay the denial aside! The iPad 2 is definitely the flagship tablet...just sayin'!!
    04-24-2011 11:24 AM
    Currently I own an iPad 3G (1st gen), and this has been bugging me since the announcement, is the iPad 2 worth the plunge? I've been considering it mainly because I HATE AT&T's 3G, and because I already have a data only contract with Verizon which I could just add a line to, or should I just wait for a new iPad with more features (possibly fall)?

Also please no carrier bashing.
    I'm sticking with 1st gen also.
    04-24-2011 01:55 PM
    I just waiting on my ipad2. Can't find any up here in Canada so i ordered it on line April 6th. I did pick up the 16gb playbook in the mean time nice unit but i'm really looking forward to my ipad2.
    04-25-2011 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD