Bad Apple Service

wmourer

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I had to wait for almost 3 weeks to get my iPad 2. Unfortunately when I did I got one with a defective display. I called Apple and of course they were very good about replacing it. Problem is they don't have any iPad 2's to send me so I have to wait until they do.

This is horrible customer service. You purchase a product from Apple (and I have a ton of Apple products in my home), and now have to wait until who knows when to get a replacement.

Not my fault the product is defective. But I'm the victim that has to wait until they have enough in stock to replace mine. Doesn't sound like a very good customer service policy to me. I'm getting angrier and angrier with Apple every day.

Who ever heard of a company selling a defective product and then telling you to wait until they have enough in stock to replace yours. I'm wondering if I have to wait until everyone on planet earth gets theirs and then they will take care of the defective ones.

BAD POLICY APPLE...YOU might be my last Apple purchase.

SubEd

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
While it sucks that your first purchase was not acceptable, I'm sure you'll forget about the replacement delay soon after you start to use the new one! :)

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Dont know why they delayed for you this much time.. there may be some reason behind it... may be they would have tried to replace you a very good one , so that you should not complain them again !

wmourer

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Talked to a Customer Service senior person, even with my AppleCare protection it could take up to 5 weeks to get a replacement. That's a breach of their own AppleCare contract which promises overnight replacement. They tell me it's because it's a popular device (not my problem), take care of your customers who already have taken delivery and not keep selling just to make more money for your quarterly earnings. After 1 hour with Customer Service, I will NEVER purchase another Apple product again. I'm done. Hewlett-Packard never lied to me before and made excuses for not honoring a warranty.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried visiting an Apple store and talk to them in person, or is all of your contact over the phone? I suggest going to an Apple store and making your case...

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Talked to a Customer Service senior person, even with my AppleCare protection it could take up to 5 weeks to get a replacement. That's a breach of their own AppleCare contract which promises overnight replacement. They tell me it's because it's a popular device (not my problem), take care of your customers who already have taken delivery and not keep selling just to make more money for your quarterly earnings. After 1 hour with Customer Service, I will NEVER purchase another Apple product again. I'm done. Hewlett-Packard never lied to me before and made excuses for not honoring a warranty.

I've read a number of stories from people going into Apple stores and walking out with a replacement, so that's probably your best option.

I don't think AppleCare promises overnight replacement - in fact, the terms give Apple the right to repair or replace your equipment at their option which is entirely inconsistent with them having to send you a replacement overnight.

If you find HP products and service to be superior to Apple's, then by all means you should buy from them. That's your right and prerogative as a consumer. I just hope that their tablet device (when they get around to making it) won't be loaded down with bloatware the way their computers are.

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, but i can't see how it's considered "bad customer" service when they don't have a highly popular device in stock. Especially since you only checked one source.

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried visiting an Apple store and talk to them in person, or is all of your contact over the phone? I suggest going to an Apple store and making your case...

Hank, thanks for the PM. I don't have enough posts here to reply but the answer to your question is yes.

For everyone else, move along, nothing to see here...:D

wmourer

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, but i can't see how it's considered "bad customer" service when they don't have a highly popular device in stock. Especially since you only checked one source.

If you purchased a new Mercedes and the engine failed and they told you MB's are highly popular and we are busy putting in engines in our new cars so we can sell them -- just park it for 5 weeks until we can get around to you WHO HAS ALREADY made a purchase and commitment to their product, how would you feel then?

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If you purchased a new Mercedes and the engine failed and they told you MB's are highly popular and we are busy putting in engines in our new cars so we can sell them -- just park it for 5 weeks until we can get around to you WHO HAS ALREADY made a purchase and commitment to their product, how would you feel then?

That's a much more expensive product, and they'd probably give you a rental.

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

I would feel pissed, no doubt about that. But, if they are absolutely willing to exchange my product at no cost, WHEN THEY GET THEM IN, how is that bad customer service on their end?

sdakidd

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
"But I'm the victim that has to wait" I lol'd when I read that... It's a consumer electronic **** happens its popular everyone wants one.. I ordered mine on launch day from mac mall and I'm still waiting.. Life's too short to stress about something like this besides it's just the back light its still usable till u get a new one.. Patience is a virtue my friend

I assuming it's the backlight you said defective I could be wrong.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I say maybe try going into an Apple Store with the defective device and see what they do for you. The madness has kinda decreased so they may have some in stock for you to exchange. I?m more than positive they will have them quicker than waiting 5 weeks for delivery.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods