Hey guys. I just recently got my first iPad(wifi). I've always used iPods, iTouches, and iPhones. And I would bring them EVERYWHERE. but the iPad doesn't seem as portable. Right now I only see myself bringing it to class/libraries or on long trips...the same places I would normally bring a laptop to.

Where else do you guys bring your iPads to? I'm curious because it feels like I can utilize this device in more situations than just those two places.
    04-03-2011 11:15 PM
    My AT&T 3G iPad2 goes most places with me... work, church, meetings, family.friends houses...
    04-03-2011 11:27 PM
    I agree with you, I used to use an iPod touch second gen with me almost every where... however I take my Xoom with me ocassionally to the mall, trips, and even to parties( for music, 64gigs is the Max capacity with the SD card so these things make for killer media devices). Its kinda hard because these things are really not as portable, not pocketable at all. Don't shoot me cause I use the Xoom... lol

Sent from my Xoom
    04-03-2011 11:54 PM
    Everywhere I used to bring my laptop, which is to say, everywhere.
    04-04-2011 08:52 AM
    Where ever i go, I used to have my iPad... Mean everywhere
    04-04-2011 09:20 AM
    Wow I was just kind of wondering this too after my travels this weekend. I haven't flown on a trip in a little while and the iPad has really taken off since my last flight late last summer.

But, I was quite surprised by the few that I saw at the airports I was at. The vast majority still rocking laptops and/or a smart phone.
    04-04-2011 09:35 AM
    My original iPad was WiFi only and that did not travel with me nearly as much as my current iPad 2 3g. Having to tether it to get online was sort of a pain. If I needed to take my phone out to tether, I figured just use the phone. I take the iPad 2 everywhere with me since it is always connected. I do have a dilemma though... what I will do when I can't put it in my jacket pocket anymore. I might just be that weird guy wearing a down jacket in June
    04-04-2011 10:47 AM
    I bring my ipad to school and take notes with it! That is the reason I got it!
    04-04-2011 12:20 PM
    I take mine with me most places, work, church etc. I tether when I need to Wi-Fi is not available. I do wish there was a way to carry it hands free and not look like a total dork. I think I'd have that same problem though even with a 7" tablet. (The hands free, part, not the dork part - I might not be able to do anything about that).
    04-04-2011 02:04 PM
    I'm afraid to leave home with mine. I still haven't found a case I want yet :S
    04-04-2011 03:20 PM
    My original iPad was WiFi only and that did not travel with me nearly as much as my current iPad 2 3g. Having to tether it to get online was sort of a pain. If I needed to take my phone out to tether, I figured just use the phone. I take the iPad 2 everywhere with me since it is always connected. I do have a dilemma though... what I will do when I can't put it in my jacket pocket anymore. I might just be that weird guy wearing a down jacket in June
    I feel ya, it is pretty weird taking it out, plus the battery for my Nexus S, can only last so long, might need an extra battery to keep the tethering going lol.

Sent from my Xoom
    04-04-2011 03:28 PM
    home, the office, vacations and so forth
    04-04-2011 04:09 PM
    Everywhere pretty much lol.
    04-04-2011 09:38 PM
    I take mine on the plane when I travel (which seems to be a lot lately!), and it's always with me at the baseball and soccer fields to keep me busy when I'm waiting for the kids.
    04-04-2011 10:21 PM
    On the plane, to keep me current on the news weather and other reading. To the office and at home for all the same reasons. Love it so!
    04-04-2011 10:39 PM
    I bring my everywhere and use it all the time
    04-05-2011 01:22 AM
    i carry mine where ever i go. i tether with a blackberry so it means i don't have to take out my cellphone to activate anything as its Bluetooth DUN so its constantly connected.
    04-05-2011 10:14 AM
    Absolutely everywhere. It's like an appendage now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-06-2011 11:16 PM
    I normally take mine everywhere. I have a Pad & Quill case. It looks just like a book. My first choice was a DoDo case but they take up to a month to ship so I found this baby and I'm happy! Most people think that its a book under my arm when I'm walking around and from far away they probably assume i'm reading a book. Sometimes I am. Sometimes I'm not. LOL. I love it though. Check it out. The Octavo for iPad2 by Pad&Quill
    04-07-2011 04:19 PM
    I have only had my ipad2 for a week or so now but it does go with me everywhere andi do plan on taking it to class with me this summer when I return to school
    04-08-2011 03:19 AM
    I have a Rickshaw bag so I can sling it over my shoulder and I take it (and other junk) almost everywhere. Even if I am not sure, I can always leave it in the car.
    04-08-2011 06:34 PM
    I travel with it a lot. Home (everything!), while on road trips (movies and maps), great for information and sharing my portfolio at work (I'm a Body modification artist), to my Sunday sports outings (ballparks, sports bars, etc .. stat tracking, highlights, etc..). There are times when it does stay home or in the trunk when being active, but I have it on me at most times. Not being afraid of scratching it an finding a nice bag ( always been a messenger bag guy so that make it easy) can be key to it's portability.
    04-08-2011 08:42 PM
    I take my everywhere. I have the Wallet case from Happy Owl Studios so it is my wallet so I have to take it. I have the ScotteVest Essential Jacket which the pub pocket will hold it in the iPad 1 in the case. Spring is here so I get to wear it more. I have the Sprint MiFI 2200 so I have Internet almost everywhere (Still not 4G in Michigan - except Grand Rapids). The only place I use the iPod Touch Gen 1 is at the gym (Clubhouse with Wifi) for Pandora (latest rebuild won't let me put Stitcher Radio on my iPod Touch). I use the iPad on the Bus as I commute back and forth to and from work. I have not taken my laptop out of the house (except to Jailbreak a few iPads at Pandera Bread at $50 a pop). I use Logmein Ignition (first paid app I bought) to remote control my work and personal desktop, laptops and servers. I use TeamViewer (free) to remote control my Dad's laptop and other people's, who are too cheap (or abuse my friendship or family status) to pay me, computers. I never leave home without the iPad and seldom do I ever leave it in the car.
    04-09-2011 02:56 AM
    Mine is 3G so I take it everywhere. I have an hour train ride each way to and from work and it allows me to leave my laptop at work. When I'm at work I bring with me on my lunch break to the park nearby to have lunch and sit in the sun.
    04-10-2011 02:19 AM
    I am going to church for the first time today and my iPad is coming with me .

God must be an Apple fanboy, since the devices are magical. So I am sure he will be ok with me bringing it.
    04-10-2011 09:12 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD