I am going to church for the first time today and my iPad is coming with me .

God must be an Apple fanboy, since the devices are magical. So I am sure he will be ok with me bringing it.
    Playing Angry Birds during the sermon is generally frowned upon. But, you might consider Mantis Bible Study, mantisbible.com. It is the best bible experience I have ever had. Buying modules can get spendy. But if you are into that sort of thing, you can't go wrong with this software. Nothing ever goes wrong with an iPad that has bible software on it.
    04-10-2011 09:29 AM
    Everywhere. Including the can. I didnt used to be a bathroom reader. Now it makes trips magical. I wNt to make mobile games and call the company Throne Games.
    04-10-2011 09:55 AM
    Where else do you guys bring your iPads to?
    Everywhere -- now that it's in its Saddleback Leather case.
    04-12-2011 12:33 AM
    Mine mainly stays at home. I turn on the 3G when I travel (about 6-10 times a year). I use my iPhone for my daily use outside the house.
    04-13-2011 04:36 PM
    Mine usually goes with me, everywhere. I have the iPad, wifi, and tether with my Droid X (can't upgrade to iPhone just yet). Goes in a pink/black OtterBox case in a gorgeous Golla bag. I have jury duty next week and you can bet it's going with me!
    04-17-2011 11:45 AM
    GPS is the killer app for sailors. Don't need to be in cellular range to get GPS reception. The app called iNavx is awesome. Download NOAA charts prior to leaving on a voyage and the iPad becomes a handheld chart plotter.

Put the iPad in a sealed, clear ziplock bag (the touch screen works fine thru the plastic) and you're good to go anywhere rain or shine.

But remember...you don't get GPS with a wi-fi only iPad.
    Rocktapus likes this.
    04-17-2011 03:08 PM
    I take mine everywhere too

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    04-17-2011 10:50 PM
    I am loving my ipad2. I can't put it down.

I was wondering. How many of you take it with you out of the house everyday? Like to Starbucks or when you are out with the girlfriend and need to kill time while she shops?

I don't see a lot of ipads in the wild? I see lots of netbooks and PC's in coffee shops but almost no ipads.

What gives?
    04-28-2011 12:44 AM
    Not sure why you don't see many iPads. I see quite a few. I'm new in business, and often bring my iPad with me to all of our team meetings, which are typically held at restaurants, bars, etc. Very handy for showing off our website to people with, and bringing up spreadsheets, ppt presentations, videos, etc. I do bring my iPad everywhere with me in my car or my backpack, because my phone has a really unreliable battery *cough*Palm*cough*. Having the iPad with me helps me keep in touch with people through email or IM long after my phone dies, whenever I'm away from home for more than 6 hours.
    Bonus points for being light as a book!
    04-28-2011 01:27 AM
    Not sure why you don't see many iPads. I see quite a few. I'm new in business, and often bring my iPad with me to all of our team meetings, which are typically held at restaurants, bars, etc. Very handy for showing off our website to people with, and bringing up spreadsheets, ppt presentations, videos, etc. I do bring my iPad everywhere with me in my car or my backpack, because my phone has a really unreliable battery *cough*Palm*cough*. Having the iPad with me helps me keep in touch with people through email or IM long after my phone dies, whenever I'm away from home for more than 6 hours.
    Bonus points for being light as a book!
    I take mine everywhere. And yes, I can kill the battery on my iphone 4 by lunch time.

Do what I do. Pack your iphone charger with you. There are always sockets to plug into.

Sometimes I go to a cell phone store or the Apple Store to get a quick charge.
    04-28-2011 01:33 AM
    seldom bring it out
    04-29-2011 09:15 AM
    I do, if you substitute beer for coffee, and tavern for shop.
    04-30-2011 03:24 PM
    For some reason I haven't taken my iPad out in the wild yet besides church. I don't see alot of them out and about neither. I guess everyone is keeping them tucked away inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-30-2011 05:41 PM
    I take mine everywhere. And yes, I can kill the battery on my iphone 4 by lunch time.

Do what I do. Pack your iphone charger with you. There are always sockets to plug into.

Sometimes I go to a cell phone store or the Apple Store to get a quick charge.
    When I go out for long periods of time with my phone, I usually don't have a wall charger anywhere nearby. Only if I have my car with me, I use the car charger then. It helps.

04-30-2011 07:07 PM
    I take mine to bed and we have a good time! ;-) Seriously, I put mine safely underneath the other pillow on my bed when I'm ready to go to sleep. It goes almost everywhere with me.
    04-30-2011 07:45 PM
    I take mine to bed and we have a good time! ;-) Seriously, I put mine safely underneath the other pillow on my bed when I'm ready to go to sleep. It goes almost everywhere with me.
    Hahaha, I spent all day on my iPad today. On weekends when I'm lazy, I lay in bed and play on my iPad online, before actually getting up and dressed. I also have mine on the bed. I got a 10ft usb extension for the charger, and let the iPad charge on the headboard of my bed.

On a side note, I was watching the news, and Christy Clark was on the news (politician) for working part time at a cafe Saturday mornings, to get meet citizens in person. In a scene, one of the people in the background was playing on his iPad, while some guy beside him on his smartphone of some sort (probably an android, since I couldnt recognize it.)

04-30-2011 11:10 PM
    I bring mine everywhere I can!!! especially great for long commutes!
    05-02-2011 10:20 AM
    My iPad 1 went to work, school meetings, and to the long kiddo sporting events.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    05-02-2011 07:13 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD