Battery percentage acting weird on iPad 2

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so just got my iPad 2 two nights ago (White, 32GB, WiFi + 3G) and I have been playing with it quite a bit. What i think I am noticing is that the battery percentage seems like it's getting stuck. I will boot it up and use it for a while and it will read 95% after 2 hours of web browsing on WiFi. I'll reboot the iPad and it now reads 100% ?! I don't understand. This can't be right. Any thoughts.

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me quite a bit as well. I remember reading about the same problem for the iPhone about a year back. Someone mentioned that it's software related.

Still not entirely sure what makes it do that, though.

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so a little bit of background and an update.

I am still running iOS 4.3 I have not upgraded to 4.3.1......I will try that today and see if I notice a difference.

Yesterday I used the iPad pretty much all day and the battery percentage stayed stuck on 100% until it just died on me last night. Weird.

I hope it's just a software glitch that the update will fix.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site

I am still running iOS 4.3 I have not upgraded to 4.3.1......I will try that today and see if I notice a difference.

Yesterday I used the iPad pretty much all day and the battery percentage stayed stuck on 100% until it just died on me last night. Weird.

4.3.1 fixed this for me. I noticed it getting stuck and also reading completely different after a reboot. 4.3.1 fixes these bugs. All has been perfect since on both my iPhone and iPad 2.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

iOS 4.3.1 fixed many bugs. Try that first and then report back.

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I updated to 4.3.1 and I have been browsing for 2 hours and I watched an episode of Spartacus on Netflix an I'm still reading 100% battery life. What gives?! I know I'm not fully charged. I really don't want to have to return it.

Smokexz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure the battery life isn't just that freaking epic? Cause my friend spent the day and night at my house and he came over at 95% he left with 5% at 6 the next day, about 20 hours and it didn't die...

Sent from my Xoom

Smokexz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Reflash the firmware or something? I usually had an issue with my iPod where the bootscreen would stay till I synced.... try like changing to a different version, if there has been an update try like reverting back then updating. It could have been an issue when it was flashing the firmware.

Sent from my Xoom

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73