3G won't connect

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Just got my Ipad 2 today via FedEx from Apple. Set up my 3G plan on the iPad, all confirmed but will not connect. Called At&T, they verified the account was good to go and should be working. When the tech tried to brainstorm with me, we went in to Cellular data and she wanted me to open settings for APN. There absolutely is NO listing anywhere under cellular data for APN. I connected this iPad to iTunes as soon as I got it, upgraded to 4.3.1. Everything else seems to be working fine. Do I simply have a corrupt iPad 2? Or is there something else to try? I reset the Network and I've done a restore, as well as a soft reset. Nothing works to connect 3G.

Thanks for any advice.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a phone appt. with Apple this evening. Could it be that this new iPad has a corrupt sim card? I did check to make sure there was one installed and it was there. There is no option under Cellular Data to look at APN settings....at all, simply not there.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Feel like I'm talking to myself here. But at least I was able to resolve my own issue. Went to At&T yesterday, got a new Sim card which they charged me $16 for! Got the 3G up and running. Took my iPad in to Apple today to have them run diagnostics. All was fine. Learned that there is NO setting for APN under Cellular Data so my iPad is as it should be. They very kindly gave me a free Sim card, switched it out, called ATT to make the changes necessary and I happily took the other sim card back to ATT for a refund!
APPLE is AWESOME!

rogercruse#IM

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi Txdogs,
Thank you for these posts, you're not talking into a void.

I had a similar problem with a duff sim card and missings APN settings on an ipad2. All working now as I followed your advice.

Reactions: Txdogs

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2