Right now I download the app called "Desktop" from the app store. It works really well and was free. I can't see spending $30 for LogMeIn...anyway...

On the app there is a feature called Easy Connect which logs you into and computer in the world as log as the user gives you their gmail and password. This works for me really well because my sister and mom are always asking for help and this eliminates me having to drive over every time.

For my personal computer, unless the Macbook lid is open I can't remote in regardless if it's on wifi or the gmail process. Is there any other apps that allow you to do this or wake the computer from sleep so I don't have to leave my screen on but turned down all the way?

thanks
    03-30-2011 03:00 AM
    Right now I download the app called "Desktop" from the app store. It works really well and was free. I can't see spending $30 for LogMeIn...anyway...

On the app there is a feature called Easy Connect which logs you into and computer in the world as log as the user gives you their gmail and password. This works for me really well because my sister and mom are always asking for help and this eliminates me having to drive over every time.

For my personal computer, unless the Macbook lid is open I can't remote in regardless if it's on wifi or the gmail process. Is there any other apps that allow you to do this or wake the computer from sleep so I don't have to leave my screen on but turned down all the way?

thanks
    You might want to read these first. Make sure your laptop supports Wake on Demand. The app has to support it too I believe.

A Closer Look at Snow Leopard's Wake on Demand Feature [Updated] - Mac Rumors

A Closer Look at Snow Leopard's Wake on Demand Feature [Updated] - Mac Rumors
    03-30-2011 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD