forgot to update what happened with mine.

took it to the Lehigh Valley apple store after calling applecare. applecare said they would do a one time exchange. now me being the pessimist, I figured by the time i got to the store the story would change. but to my surprise nope! she said she would do a swap. unfortunately they did not have one in stock to replace mine, so she called the King Of Prussia store and thankfully they did!

a bit of driving later I have a brand new iPad2!!

seconds later got the ZAGG invisible shield installed and its been smooth sailing ever since

Good Luck All!
    05-20-2011 03:25 AM
    I have a 1g iPad but I'm skeptical about invisible shield. Does it take away from the beauty of the glass and/or responsiveness of the touchscreen?
    05-20-2011 03:45 AM
    I have a 1g iPad but I'm skeptical about invisible shield. Does it take away from the beauty of the glass and/or responsiveness of the touchscreen?
    No to me it saves the screen
    05-20-2011 08:23 AM
    I had one on my droid but it drove me nuts. There's no doubt it protects the screen but its definitely not invisible. You can tell it's there.
    05-20-2011 08:33 AM
    Lint makes the zagging unbearably annoying.
    05-20-2011 10:05 PM
    i have the ZAGG on everything Apple and would never go back!

if u have a ZAGG installation shop near you its worth the investment.

The one at the King Of Prussia Mall in PA will replace it whenever you find something you dislike about it, lint, scratch, bubble whatever, for only the installation fee, for the iPhone its $10 for the whole thing (front back sides) not sure about the iPad bc mines been perfect ever since install.

If its within 30 days of the last installation its free!
    05-23-2011 01:35 PM
    I just wanted to put a bookend on my story: I was called by the Apple Store last night to let me know my iPad 2 was ready - I brought my cracked one in and we did an even swap - the staff was, once again, courteous and friendly, and I am now using my new - new - iPad 2! For the time being I have my iPad 2 in the original Apple Case (that I bought last year for the iPad) - it doesn't fit properly but I am very paranoid about any harm coming to it! I now continue my quest for the 'perfect' iPad 2 case - does anyone here use one that they love? Please let me know!
    Cracked my screen and apple are repaving free of charge. I have the leather smart cover. Cool to use but no protection. I have just got the Targus ipad2 case / cover. Protected in a plastic holder. Rotates. Looks amazing. Highly recommend this. Only down side is that it doesn't switch off automatically like the smart cover.
    06-09-2011 02:12 AM
    My iPad2 fell off my lap and hit the ground and broke all four corners. I took it to the Apple Store #345 in Temecula, CA. Instead of assisting me and explaining my options, the Store Manager actually said, "Sorry I cannot take it back because I would have to discharge it as damaged goods." After reading several blogs/comments, many people have been fortunate and their store replaced it no charge. I guess my Apple Store is more interested in profitability than actually helping customers. I called Apple direct and they said replacement is $419.00. Evidently, the product is poorly designed and too many iPad2's are coming back due to broken glass. Or better yet, it is designed correctly so they can take advantage of Apple's customers for profitability. Sad situation. Considering changing to a Tablet from another manufacturer.
    08-11-2011 06:03 PM
    You admit your iPad fell of your knee and somehow its Apple fault? Really?

Do you honest think if it was an HP Tablet and this happened that HP would just replace it for free? What about Motorola with there Zoom or Samsung with there Galaxy Tab? Think they would have replaced it for free?

No offense here, but this was your fault, these devices have glass displays and while I understand that accidents happens it is the very reason I have a square trade warranty because it covers these type accidents. I think it is unrealistic to expect Apple to just give you a free one, but that is me.
    08-11-2011 06:51 PM
    Square trade warranty is all that needs to be said

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.093418,-82.984414
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-12-2011 09:38 PM
    iPad Wi-Fi
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi Out-of-Warranty Service Fee

16GB $269
    32GB $299
    64GB $349
    08-13-2011 11:51 PM