So I restored my iPad 2 from back up when I got it Friday and yesterday I decided to go fresh so I went to set up as new. each and every time 4.3 failed to download from apple's servers so I downloaded 4.3 another way. I clicked option restore and then when I thought it was done restoring it failed on the verification process. not even 5 day old over $600 iPad 2 is a pretty much something I can eat on now... Th error message I got was (14)
    03-15-2011 08:37 PM
    Have you ever jailbroken a device before? Perhaps you forgot that you edited your hosts file to point to cydia's servers and you forgot to change it back since you are doing a regular restore.
    03-15-2011 09:54 PM
    There is no jailbreak for iPad 2? I don't know how to edit the hosts file, but I have jallbroken other apple devices.
    03-16-2011 12:00 AM
    There is no jailbreak for iPad 2? I don't know how to edit the hosts file, but I have jallbroken other apple devices.
    I've seen a screenshot of a jailbroken iPad2 device ... Have you tried approaching Apple support?
    03-16-2011 01:28 AM
    I am aware there is no released jailbreak for iPad 2. But what I'm saying is at some point you may have edited the hosts files on your computer to rollback to a previous firmware on another device or upgraded late (when apple stopped signing a particular version). Like you might have upgraded to 4.1 on your iPhone 4 after apple started signing only 4.2.1. Try googling "edit hosts file cydia". Or search the jailbreak forum.
    03-16-2011 06:34 AM
    you try a restore?
    03-16-2011 09:35 AM
    So I restored my iPad 2 from back up when I got it Friday and yesterday I decided to go fresh so I went to set up as new.
    why did you restore a brand new iPad?
    03-16-2011 11:05 AM
    He probably restores his iPhone backup to it so he could have his settings and programs automatically transferred to his iPad.
    03-16-2011 04:42 PM
    I had the same issue. I interrupted the backup from restore.

Disable your firewall and antivirus protection. Your machine is blocking access to Apple's server ports.

Do your restore...then enable your protection again and figure out why it is blocking the ports. The port numbers are listed on apples support page...you can find it by searching on stuck in restore mode.
    03-16-2011 05:23 PM
    He probably restores his iPhone backup to it so he could have his settings and programs automatically transferred to his iPad.
    nah it was my iPad 1st gen back up.
    03-16-2011 07:05 PM
    why did you restore a brand new iPad?
    some apps were crashing. so I decided to go fresh on a brand new device.
    03-16-2011 07:06 PM
    I am aware there is no released jailbreak for iPad 2. But what I'm saying is at some point you may have edited the hosts files on your computer to rollback to a previous firmware on another device or upgraded late (when apple stopped signing a particular version). Like you might have upgraded to 4.1 on your iPhone 4 after apple started signing only 4.2.1. Try googling "edit hosts file cydia". Or search the jailbreak forum.
    My buddy which is apple certified fixed my problem. He found three folders that had corrupted files in them via Terminal. This was the problem and my internet latency.
    03-16-2011 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD