Realistically, how long to get an iPad 2?

condor3

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Here in the UK we are about to go through what the US did nearly a week ago, namely the launch of the iPad 2. If indications are anything to go by, it'll sell out on day one and my chances of getting one will probably be less than zero. So, my question is, in your experience, how long does it take for stores to get new shipments in? Days? Weeks? What happened when the first iPad was launched? Such information will help me prepare for a long wait - or not - until I get my hands on a piece of wonderfulness.

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If you want to get it, get to the apple store EARLY. I got there at 330 PM and there were well over 100 people ahead of me already. Some models were sold out before i even got in the store. I wanted to black 16gb wifi's ended up with one black and one white (which my wife didn't even want, so now i will have to sell/return it)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It depends... some stores here in Phoenix still have select models - very few 3G iPads to be had, but I know at least one store which STILL has wifi only models in stock... they are selling them, and it's an out-of-the-way store, but they can be had...

To get a specific model, your best bet is to order through Apple or a major retailer and wait... current waits are 4-5 weeks...

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It depends... some stores here in Phoenix still have select models - very few 3G iPads to be had, but I know at least one store which STILL has wifi only models in stock... they are selling them, and it's an out-of-the-way store, but they can be had...

To get a specific model, your best bet is to order through Apple or a major retailer and wait... current waits are 4-5 weeks...

waits for the US are 4-5 weeks, wouldnt international orders have the same starting waits as the US did? 3-5 days then longer as they run out?
we already have to wait 2 weeks..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
waits for the US are 4-5 weeks, wouldnt international orders have the same starting waits as the US did? 3-5 days then longer as they run out?
we already have to wait 2 weeks..

It's Apple... so who really knows... could be as you say... or could be that the overall wait period is now 4-5 weeks, so that would apply across the globe... no one knows for sure...

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Personally, if this was VERY IMPORTANT TO YOU, I'd get in line very early or pay someone to stand in line, so you could get what you wanted. Why? I don't know the backstock that Apple has on chips and processors but according to the N.Y. Times yesterday, microchips had a 27% rise in price, because of the Japanese Earthquake and the Tech Suppliers that were destroyed or shut down. Toshiba makes Apple components and they shut down all three of their plants. Again, I'm sure that Apple must have some sort of stock pile but once that runs out, who knows HOW long it will be before the Japanese plants are up and running again?

Last edited:

condor3

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. Very useful - if slightly depressing - info. I'm really not so desperate that I have to stand in line from 3:30am, so I'm going to have to psyche myself up for potential long wait. Appreciate the help.

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I guess it boils down to Need vs. Want, richgb. Good luck on your thought process and search for one, if that's how you decide to go.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Hank what store in Phoenix!? I need a wifi 32gb black.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
MacMedia... there's one in Scottsdale and one at Arrowhead (83rd Ave south of Bell)... Just had a twitter conversation with him today... they have wifi only, but didn't ask about memory size...

thanks man will call them tomorrow :) donu know the manager? Put one on hold for me hehe

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77