I sold my orginal iPad to GetiPaid for $340.00 and shipped it to them 3/12, their deadline. MY new iPad, a 3G 16GB black AT&T is due to land Wed/Thurs.

I have an unlimited plan w/AT&T which I want to keep. I of course have my Sim from the other unit. What should I do first when I get my new Ipad. My assumption is that I should first insert the Sim, then turn the unit on and install the last backup from the old iPad from Itunes.

Does the above make sense?
    What else to do I need to do, if anything, to register this new iPad w/At&T?

Thanks
    03-14-2011 01:15 PM
    All i did was pop it (the sim) in the ipad 2 and I was done.

Itunes may ask you to verify your credit card information because you are accessing the account from another device.

But that was it.
    rnbarg likes this.
    03-14-2011 01:32 PM
    I sold my orginal iPad to GetiPaid for $340.00 and shipped it to them 3/12, their deadline. MY new iPad, a 3G 16GB black AT&T is due to land Wed/Thurs.

I have an unlimited plan w/AT&T which I want to keep. I of course have my Sim from the other unit. What should I do first when I get my new Ipad. My assumption is that I should first insert the Sim, then turn the unit on and install the last backup from the old iPad from Itunes.

Does the above make sense?
    What else to do I need to do, if anything, to register this new iPad w/At&T?

Thanks
    There really shouldn't be any problem with keeping your unlimited plan. The unlimited is tied to the account, not the device.
    rnbarg likes this.
    03-14-2011 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD