Installed App on iPad 2, can't find it.

OGDTFSFG

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I am new to iPad. I purchased an iPad 2 and installed the ibooks app that came with it. Once I installed the app, I can't locate it anywhere on the iPad. When I go back to the app page, it shows it installed but I can't find it. Is there someplace I'm not looking? Is there a way to uninstall the app and reinstall it? Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
reboot the iPad. Hold down the sleep awake button until the slide to power off come up. Once it is off, press and hold the sleep awake button until the Apple logo comes up.

After it is back up look for your app.

Reactions: OGDTFSFG
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's on the second page of apps? When you are on the home screen, swipe with your finger from right to left to see if it is there.

The other thing you can do is swipe from left to right to bring up the spotlight search. There you can type "ibooks" and find the app and open it.

Hope this helps.

OGDTFSFG

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Got It!!!

Many thanks for your response. Did the reset and found it right where it was supposed to be. I appreciate your time. Have a great day!!

DeeDee2

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
My iPad battery drains really fast. I make sure I close out all my opens apps, but it can be fully charged and within a hour it's at maybe half,

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPad battery drains really fast. I make sure I close out all my opens apps, but it can be fully charged and within a hour it's at maybe half,

That is far from the norm. You might want to take it to a nearby Apple store to get it checked out or exchanged.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73