Experience iPad Users please

rpalumbo#IM

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Good Morning all, I recently accepted a new job in the heart of Chicago and looking for a tablet device for my 1.5 hour commute on public transportation. I am looking for a Wifi only device as my Android phone turns into a hotspot like most phones. I know must of you will be biased, but any positive feedback would be most welcomed. I believe the iPad 2 has some great business apps that would be great. Thank you

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Since this is an Apple-centric forum, I doubt that you will get much debate over the best tablet... unless you consider the heated debate between the iPad1 and iPad2.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
All I can say is go to the App store and look at the business, financial, and productivity sections. Then go to the honeycomb/android tablet market place and see how many business apps they have.

The decision will make itself.

AppleFan

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My two cents are as follows ... considering not just the device itself, but the hardware, software and community ... iPad is by far the best tablet (at least for now)

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Short version: iPad 2.

Long version: It all depends. The reviews for the Motorola XOOM are good, however, there aren't many honeycomb specific apps as of yet. With such a small app market, you may not get that great of an experience. However, I'm sure that more apps will become available soon. Personally speaking, and I really do like android on phones, I think honey comb is ugly. I really don't think google spent enough time on it. That being said, I am sort of biased. Honestly though, if you are willing to be patient, the XOOM may be a good choice since you already like android.

However, if you need great apps as soon as you buy the device, I would go for the iPad 2. I loved my first iPad. It's a very stable platform, and it just works. No tweaking, no need to reboot. The only thing I have to do for an iOS device is charge it. I highly recommend the iPad 2. You just can't beat the experience you get with an Apple device. They almost never break down, and if they do, you can always take it to an Apple Store and have the situation taken care of that day.

Hopefully I helped you. :)

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully I helped you. :)

I am convinced, I am going to buy one. Oops... I already did!

I am kidding, I agree with your assessment of the current iPad 2 and only Android device that is any competition for the iPad the Xoom. It just isn't ready for prime time.

I've read you'll have to send it back to get the update for it to be able to do the 4G at some point. May not be true, but they are finally suppose to be releasing Flash for it this Friday. Excuse me a beta of the flash!

Adobe and Google, do they ever do anything that isn't in beta? GEEZ!