I want to hear from real users what they think of Apple's latest iteration of the iPad. All input welcome, pics welcome as well!
    03-13-2011 11:33 PM
    Still I din't received iPad 2 yet... After it comes to my hand I will post the review of iPad !
    03-14-2011 09:08 AM
    Same here ... I can't wait till I put my hand on it ... I'll be writing about my experience here once I get it.
    03-16-2011 01:47 AM
    i love mine i agree. its the greatest little device
    03-16-2011 09:35 AM
    well im loving the new ipad 2.. it is really fast in my opinion compared to the ipad1. The camera issue that most people complain about is no big deal since most of us knew this before it came out. I would only use it for facetime anyway.I got the 64 gig 3G white ipad to match my white iphone!
    Last edited by ivango711; 03-16-2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: forgot to include pics....
    03-16-2011 09:43 AM
    I love it....FaceTime is awesome. Something small that I like is the bookmark bar always being on option. Makes surfing much easier. I also like the 4-5 finger gestures that can be enabled. I don't even use the home button anymore. Apple should get rid of it on the iPad 3
    03-16-2011 12:20 PM
    Wish i knew someone with a Mac to enable gestures. Wonder if the apple store will?
    03-16-2011 12:43 PM
    03-16-2011 06:53 PM
    You guys all make me want it that much more
    03-16-2011 07:29 PM
    I love it!!!!!
    03-16-2011 10:36 PM
    Ahh I can't wait to get mine! Keep the reviews coming guys!
    03-16-2011 10:38 PM
    For those waiting, I hope you get yours soon! Believe me this baby is worth the wait!

I've been using mine since Friday and I can't put the darn thing down. Because it is so much faster and the graphics redraw so much quicker I find that I am doing a lot more work on it. QuickOffice and DropBox are my friend!

I was watching the news while having lunch at a cafe today. Oh yeah I grabbed some attention, though I didn't do it for that reason. I had 10 people ask me. Is that the new iPad? YEP!

Hang in there brothers and sisters yours is coming soon!
    Last edited by OTACORB; 03-17-2011 at 03:29 AM.
    03-16-2011 11:52 PM
    im happy with mine... Now im ready to try out imovie, i just bought it
    03-17-2011 03:20 AM
    Thanks for sharing.
    03-17-2011 12:16 PM
    Check out my unboxing of my iPad2. I was up messing with it a long time last night and I will be doing the same tonight. I bought iMovie so i want to see how the movie editing is on it.
    03-17-2011 02:23 PM
    Thanks for sharing everyone really enjoying the feedback! Keep them coming!
    03-17-2011 06:31 PM
    Loving my white 32GB .. definitely worth the upgrade from the original.
    03-17-2011 08:12 PM
    In a word.... fantastic.

What the original iPad should have been.
    03-25-2011 07:32 PM
    Got my iPad 2 last Saturday, I have a review coming tonight!
    03-25-2011 10:02 PM
    I simply love it thus far..lighter faster it's a bionic tablet lol
    03-25-2011 10:53 PM
    My iPad 2 review:

There isn't much to say in a review that hasn't already been said. However, I will give it a shot.

Faster.

To start, the iPad 2 has had it's processor upgraded from a A4 to a A5. While the A4 was fast, let me tell you, the A5 makes it feel slow. Some report that they don't notice much of a difference, but from my usage, I can definitely notice a difference. One app I particuarly notice a difference in is Momento. Keep in mind, this app isn't for the iPad, it is designed to run on the iPhone. When I force the app to update my feeds (Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, and Foursquare) it was done in one little blink. If i do the same task on my iPhone, connected to the same Wi-Fi network, at the same time, the iPhone still comes in second, by at least a minute. I wouldn't think this would be a processing issue, but I guess it is. Other apps I notice speed improvements is the iPad-only app We Rule. For those unfamiliar its a FarmVille like app specifically for the iPad. Running the same "kingdom" on the iPad 1 and iPad 2, the iPad 2 will always load my farm quicker, and my gifts if I have any.

Lighter.

While the iPad 2 isn't much lighter then the iPad 1 from a 'On paper' perspective, in real-world-use, it is much lighter. If you use iBooks, and you hold your iPad while reading, versus leaning it on/against something, you will notice the weight difference is quite significant while reading. I really appreciate this because I love iBooks. However, that isn't to say that the iPad is 'light', because it isn't. While it may be lighter then the first gen iPad, it still doesn't have the book like feeling the Kindle offers as far as weight. In all honesty though, I like the weight of the iPad 2. It makes me feel that it is secure, sturdy, and could take a hit (although I would never want to test this).

Cameras

While the cameras are rather disappointing, they serve their purpose: A fun, cool way to share goofy pictures, or to FaceTime with friends/loved ones/enemies. I never expected great cameras in the iPad, but how great would that be if they had used the cameras from the iPhone 4? Can you imagine FaceTime HD, iPhone 4 quality pictures and videos on the iPad? I can, and I really hope they make it a reality in iPad 3. Some people will laugh when I say this, but I think it would be awesome to use the iPad for video and photos. You can laugh, it's okay. But imagine being on a vacation and pulling out your iPad to take a picture of some scenery. You are a top a cliff, looking at other mountains in the distance. You pull out your iPad (with a iPhone 4 back camera lens or better...) and tap the camera app. It springs to life much quicker then the camera app on your iPhone. You gaze in awe as your eyes are met with the best camera view finder created. While it may be big to hold/use, you are amazed with how everything you want a picture of is so beautifully framed, thanks to your iPad. You click the shutter, and the picture zips to your camera roll. You navigate to the camera roll, and using your built-in 3G, you send the picture to the photo site, or person of your choice. Many of you who are still reading this may ask yourself "why not just use my iPhone?" and to that I say this: With the iPad's 9.7" screen as a view finder, and an array of photo-editing apps at that are made for the iPad's screen, processor, and memory why would you want to settle for less?

Hardware

Whenever a new Apple product is announced, I am always in awe at it's beauty. With the exception of the first iPad. While I loved my first iPad, i never fell in love with it's hardware. The home button felt too small, I couldn't stand that ugly metal strip that ran along all four sides of the black bezel, and considering the goal of the project, a lightweight computer, it felt heavy. With the iPad 2, all of my complaints have been addressed in terms of hardware. The home button feels bigger, more clicky. Gone are the thick ugly metal borders from the sides of the device. In addition to improved cosmetic appearance, Apple took care of my RAM complaints. I do not miss having to reload each, and every, page I had opened in Safari if it was more then 2. The weight of the iPad 2 feels just right, as does it's level of thickness. I really love how thin the iPad 2 is. It amazes me that so much can fit in so little a housing. With that said, I agree with Andy Ihnatko when he says "I hope they don't make it much thinner then this". I feel that Apple has found, and landed on, the sweet spot for the level of thickness for this device.

Software

When iOS 4 hit for the iPad, it made it useful, let's be honest. Before iOS 4, the iPad was little more then a big iPod Touch. With iOS 4, it truly became the mobile computer that Apple made it out to be. I never felt that my iPad was slow, but when I first laid hands on the iPad 2, I felt that my iPad had become old. While it isn't screaming past the original iPad, it is a significant speed boost. Particularly, in Safari. When I first used Safari on the iPad 2, I was amazed at how much faster it loaded sites like Gizmodo and Engadget compared to the first iPad. This of course, is impart to the RAM that has been added to the iPad 2, but I believe that a lot of software optimization has gone on under the hood. There aren't many software enhancements this time around, so I guess this part of the review ends here.

Final Thoughts

I can honestly say that if you have a iPad 1, and you are looking with the iPad 2 with jealous eyes, it is worth the upgrade. If you are completely satisfied with your first gen, hang on to it. The first iPad is still a great piece of hardware. It's fast, reliable, and durable. While it may not be the best looking, most of my performance complaints were addressed with software update.
    03-26-2011 02:07 AM
    Loving my 64GB, unfortunately I found a little scratch on the bottom of the silver lining of the screen, ahhh it's driving me crazy ><
    03-26-2011 12:59 PM
    Really starting to look like a must-have now! Would of course also like to try my hand at developing something designed specifically for that large touch-screen.
    03-26-2011 02:38 PM
    I just got my iPad 2 on Friday and I am absolutely in love. My phone is Android (HTC Incedible) so I was seriously considering the Motorola Xoom. I wanted full integration with my Google stuff and Flash. After having this thing 36 hours, I can't even believe I even considered anything else. The amount of apps that I am able to use as opposed to Android is what initially won me over but the more I use it, the more I realize that this interface just works for me. My husband is a no frills kinda guy who is perfectly happy with his freebie flip phone and even he is in love with the iPad. I've never used the original iPad but have seen my cousin's I use so I can't really compare it to that but this thing rocks. I am thinking at this point that when I am eligible for a new phone in a couple months it will be a iPhone.
    03-27-2011 09:35 AM
    My girlfriend went out the country on a Vacation, so I let her borrow my Xoom. I'm now strictly on my Ipad 2 So I'll post on here with a mini review after a week.
    03-27-2011 02:36 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD