iPad 2 light leak

Does your iPad 2 have the light leak issue?

• Yes

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Light leak? What's a light leak?

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm sure most have you heard there are a lot of new iPad owners out there who have severe cases of light leakage on their new device. Curious as to how many of you have the problem as well?

Acint1924

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the issue. Will decide by next weekend if I will go exchange it.

On a separate note, I am once again the recipient of an iPad with a dead pixel (happened on my first one too)

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I do have some light leak, but I don't think it is enough to exchange it. It doesn't really bother me, but I may go in and see what apple says.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have some, but it doesn't bother me much. I can only see it if the screen shows a black background and I'm using it in a dark room. Because I have my Kindle app set for white text on a black background, the light leak shows up when I read before I go to sleep at night. Otherwise, I can't see it at all if I'm in a lighted room.

Not enough of a distraction to pursue a replacement.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
There are some reports of this simply going away similar to the blotches from the adhesive not being fully dried. So there is a slight chance of this being the case. Can anyone confirm that it has gotten better or completely gone away after a few days?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I see it at the top left is one small area, but as jhamliton said it is only visible with the cam app or a full black screen. I don't notice it otherwise, so I am happy.

jpoates

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about taking mine in for replacement

Mine is actually pretty bad. I have it in three spots and it was bothering me today while playing infinity blade on an airplane that was pretty dark inside. Infinity blade has the black bars at the top and bottom and the light leak is distracting. I imagine it would also bug me watching a movie in the dark. I paid too much for this problem. I'll make a decision by this next weekend. I'll take some pics if I get time.

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
There are some reports of this simply going away similar to the blotches from the adhesive not being fully dried. So there is a slight chance of this being the case. Can anyone confirm that it has gotten better or completely gone away after a few days?

I'm curious if it IS going away for any of these people who originally posted...

earceneaux777

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have light leaks on mine in multiple places. Again, it's not unbearable, but I paid too much money for my iPad to have any sort of defects. I'm calling Apple tomorrow to see what I can do.

32 GB, WiFi, Black

brendonlee

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have light leaks on mine in multiple places. Again, it's not unbearable, but I paid too much money for my iPad to have any sort of defects. I'm calling Apple tomorrow to see what I can do.

32 GB, WiFi, Black

Did you get anywhere with Apple on this topic? Both my iPad 2's have the issue...

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Apple will replace it no questions ask. Apple is the best when it comes to warranty. The problem is that most replacement has the same issue. So why waste your time? wait about a month or two until apple correct this QC issue.

chasemyprov1

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got my 3rd brand new replacement white 32gig WiFi iPad 2 today, the guy helping me was great, he went as far as the open the new iPad 2 and take it in the back and check to see if there was any light leak, came back out said it was fine, I got excited. I got home turned it on and sure enough, with out even being in a darkroom or turning the light off I could see the light leak in about 5 places.

Anyone have any ideas? I think Im going to call Apple today and tell them I just want my case left open until this issue gets resolved. Like someone said earlier, I payed too much for it not to work properly

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal