The problem that I have with the first post of this thread is that basically, if you found your way from the front page to this forum then surely you saw all of the one million articles all over the Internet including the front page of this site saying that the cameras took bad photos. If I post a sign on a road that says that there's a cliff ahead are you gonna drive off and be mad that there was actually a cliff?! This makes no sense to me. You seem like an intelligent person so I'll assume that you normally do a little research while waiting to drop several dead presidents on ANYTHING. How did you not know this before you got in line?!
    03-25-2011 03:46 PM
    By the way. I also have a Nikon DSLR and an iPhone 4. They both have excellent cameras. Therefore, I never intended to use my iPad as a camera. I also have an HD video camera so I doubt I'll ever shoot video with my iPad. The cameras are for FaceTime. It's been said long before the lines started forming for iPad 2 sales. I just don't get what your problem is since I'm sure that you saw all the same reviews and articles that I did. I'm afraid that I've come to the conclusion that you sir are a troll.
    03-25-2011 03:52 PM
    Nothing here relates to the apple ipad2. This is all garbage but written in Russian. What a waste of space!
    05-09-2011 05:15 PM
    agreed. what's the deal with all the spam?
    05-10-2011 02:30 PM
    He has every right to feel that way. iPad's aren't cheap. You have no idea what his needs are. Quit being a troll.

Maybe you'd be better off with a FRIGGING CAMERA that does what you want rather than trying to make one device be the jack of all trades. A jack of all trades is a master of none. It should be all about using the right tool for the job. An iPad should not be the first tool of choice for someone wanting to be serious about taking good pictures or video. That's what cameras are for.

SMH
    05-10-2011 03:20 PM
    Irrelevant. Most users won't care about the rear-facing camera. It's a tablet. Who take pictures with a tablet? Not me. It would look awkward.

You can find something better to complain about.
    05-10-2011 03:53 PM
    Well coming from a person that has never used a tab let alone owned one. I'm not disappointed at all. This is my new toy and my wife knows to scoot over because it's sleeping with me. The camera even though it's low quality is still fun to use with PhotoBooth. You don't need pimple spotting quality with a fun camera. The build of the iPad is solid and the display is great to me. I'm sure it would look way awesome with a retina display. But, again I don't think it's entirely needed. My biggest disappointment is with Apple Apps and file support. But I'm sure it'll get better with time.
    05-10-2011 04:00 PM
    Here is what would seal the deal for me.

- 1080p recording at 30fps (and hopefully 60fps, but that's probably not going to happen for a few years.
    - At least a 5MP camera. I would actually like something around 6MP with better HDR capability and a few more manual controls, like ISO and aperture adjustments.
    - Retina display.
    - 128Gigs of Memory.
    Yeah, that would certainly do it for me too - LOL. Maybe iPad 4.

SHOCKED. SHOCKED!! that Apple put inferior cameras on the iPad 2 than what I already had on my iPhone 4. Especially after that awesome demo of iMovie for iPad.

Deal. Broken.

Right there.
    05-10-2011 06:53 PM
    Well the cameras are just lame..: but I never use them.. And I olny got a iPad 2 cause, bestbuy refuse to give me my money back,when I took back a BB playbook,,(so I did a exchange for a iPad2) the cameras on it where excellent !! But not enough apps!! Besides that,, it crashed too much!! ... Needless to say,, I learned to luv my non jailbrOken iPad lol
    05-10-2011 10:04 PM
    bummer you didnt like it
    05-11-2011 05:00 PM
    I think the point that was missed in the original thread is that they should have at least put the same camera as the iPhone 4 in the iPad 2. I probably would have bought it if they had. Obviously it's not going to be my primary picture taking device but Apple gave us the option, and it was a bad one. If you're going to shell out hundreds of bucks for one of these, then the camera isn't going to really drive up the cost that much more anyway.

I guess I'm looking more for for a productive device and not a media consumption device.
    05-11-2011 08:46 PM
    Irrelevant. Most users won't care about the rear-facing camera. It's a tablet. Who take pictures with a tablet? Not me. It would look awkward.
    So you speak for most users? Your preferences are your preferences. They do not indicate any sort of trend among the overall user base.
    05-13-2011 01:18 PM
    The camera is good enough for me. The goofy app that distorts the pix is cool too. My cellphone camera is better, but for a big square boxy thing it works. Just my .02
    05-13-2011 04:27 PM
    While I love almost everything else about the iPad, I'm typing this on an iPad 2 right now, the cameras are terrible, they have the quality of one of those 2003 camera phones
    05-14-2011 07:46 PM
    You know, I was standing in line with a black 64 Gig Wi-Fi iPad 2 in-hand, all ready to purchase it. That is, until I got to play with the one on the display next to the purchase line. I was so disappointed with the cameras that I got pissed off and left. I mean, come the flip on Apple, the friggen iPad is a flagship device. Its camera should at LEAST have been as good as the iPhone 4, if not better, but it was far worse. That was really the last straw that killed the deal for me.

I consider myself an amateur photographer, and I also like to shoot videos of all kinds of random things, but the iPad 2 was a complete failure of photographic bliss. A ****-poor excuse for a camera and video recording device. A 1280 x 720 digital camera? Freaking pathetic.

I have an iPhone 4, which already has 720p video recording, and also the increased capability of a 5 Megapixel camera. I would have expected the iPad 2 to at least match that, especially when I consider the $699+tax I was about to drop on it.

I would have been content with an iPad 2 if it had a 5MP rear facing camera too, and would have been even more exstatic if it had 1080p video recording. But, unfortunately, it looks like my hopes and dreams will have to wait another year.

- 1080p recording at 30fps (and hopefully 60fps, but that's probably not going to happen for a few years.
    - At least a 5MP camera. I would actually like something around 6MP with better HDR capability and a few more manual controls, like ISO and aperture adjustments.
    - Retina display.
    - 128Gigs of Memory.
    I really think that you dont know what you ar talking about. the iPad is NOT a camera,,,,,,,, it takes very good pictures compared to other tablets. If you are not satisfied with the pic quality please go ahead and purchase a "camera",,,,, have you heard of the invention that is called "camera" ???? nothing personal !
    05-15-2011 03:46 AM
    The camera on the iPad 2 is not designed for taking photo's, it is designed for Facetime. Both back and front.

If you want a good camera then buy a camera - I am not at all disappointed by my iPad 2 (64GB with WiFi & 3G Black), it's an amazing device and does everything I want it to!
    05-15-2011 08:07 AM
    I have the First Ipad and I have a Iphone 4 and a Ipod touch. When I bought my Ipad in Feb my Grandson told me about the Ipad2 coming out. I opted NOT to buy the 2nd one I'm sort of a stickler for when things first come out to wait. Yes it's definitely NOT meant to be a Ipad Camera lol. To each it's own and YOU have every right to buy what you want. However don't get so upset over something that was NOT meant to be..just my 0.2 cents....
    05-15-2011 08:09 AM
    Why would anyone run around trying to take pictures with an iPad? This just doesn't make sense... iPhone 4 is the perfect size and all I need to take pictures!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    05-15-2011 09:11 AM
    While the iPad's camera will never get as close to a DSLR it will improve over time. Look at the iPhone. Took them 4 years to get a flash and 5mp on it.

The iPad's camera is just like a typical laptop webcam.
    People dont really take a laptop webcam as an issue. Think more on what iPad can do for you other than taking photos.
    06-16-2011 02:20 AM
    I can (barely) bring myself to use my iP4 as a camera or camcorder. I cannot bring myself to try to use something the size of a notebook pad as a camera. My wife did at a recent graduation and got quite annoyed by the ergonomics of the exercise, wholly apart from image quality. Personally, I'm fine with saving some money on cameras that work for video chat but aren't great for real photography. YMMV.

You know, I was standing in line with a black 64 Gig Wi-Fi iPad 2 in-hand, all ready to purchase it. That is, until I got to play with the one on the display next to the purchase line. I was so disappointed with the cameras that I got pissed off and left. I mean, come the flip on Apple, the friggen iPad is a flagship device. Its camera should at LEAST have been as good as the iPhone 4, if not better, but it was far worse. That was really the last straw that killed the deal for me.

I consider myself an amateur photographer, and I also like to shoot videos of all kinds of random things, but the iPad 2 was a complete failure of photographic bliss. A ****-poor excuse for a camera and video recording device. A 1280 x 720 digital camera? Freaking pathetic.

I have an iPhone 4, which already has 720p video recording, and also the increased capability of a 5 Megapixel camera. I would have expected the iPad 2 to at least match that, especially when I consider the $699+tax I was about to drop on it.

I would have been content with an iPad 2 if it had a 5MP rear facing camera too, and would have been even more exstatic if it had 1080p video recording. But, unfortunately, it looks like my hopes and dreams will have to wait another year.

- Retina display.
    - 128Gigs of Memory.
    06-17-2011 07:36 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD