Help for one still with the original iPad

paoj

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I see all the posts on iPad 2 and feel a little bad about posting this but I could really use the help on the original iPad.

I tried updating to iOS 4.3 from a jailbroken 4.2.1 but i kept getting an iTunes error (I'm on 10.2.1): The iPad could not be restored. The device isn't eligible for the requested build.

The device is now bricked.

I am at a loss and I miss my iPad!

I've tried using the 4.2 firmware with to no avail.
I tried using Pwnagetool and I received the error message "Wrong Firmware Bundle Selected" for both the 4.3 and 4.2 firmwares.

Any help at this point would be extremely appreciated.

paoj

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I have, itunes recognized it as a device in DFU mode, it is at that point that it extracts ios 4.3 and then tells me the device isn't eligible.

(out of topic - love the podcast. You guys rock. Ok back on topic again...)

paoj

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Just to update and close this post..

Short story, my ipad is fixed (yay!).

Long story:
1. Downloaded ios 4.3 for the ipad file directly (searched for download links in google) and tried cmd+resore in iTunes. FAIL.

2. Downloaded ios 4.2.1 for the ipad file directly (searched for download links in google) and tried cmd+resore in iTunes. FAIL.

3. Used the above files and attempted a restore through Pwnage Tool. FAIL.

4. Used the above files and attempted a restore through Redsn0w. FAIL.

5. Got epically drunk. FAIL. (But this was the good kind of fail)

6. Stole a friends PC for the day and attempted an iTunes restore there and...

...wait for it...

My iPad lives!

ITunes version 10.1, iOS 4.3, Windows 7 netbook, quite frankly I have no idea why or how that worked but it did.

For those of you who encounter this problem the lesson here is really: an epiphany can happen while in a drunken stupor too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73