I see all the posts on iPad 2 and feel a little bad about posting this but I could really use the help on the original iPad.

I tried updating to iOS 4.3 from a jailbroken 4.2.1 but i kept getting an iTunes error (I'm on 10.2.1): The iPad could not be restored. The device isn't eligible for the requested build.

The device is now bricked.

I am at a loss and I miss my iPad!

I've tried using the 4.2 firmware with to no avail.
    I tried using Pwnagetool and I received the error message "Wrong Firmware Bundle Selected" for both the 4.3 and 4.2 firmwares.

Any help at this point would be extremely appreciated.
    03-13-2011 05:29 AM
    Did you put it in DFU mode and then Restore to iOS 4.3? That usually works for me.
    03-13-2011 08:42 AM
    I have, itunes recognized it as a device in DFU mode, it is at that point that it extracts ios 4.3 and then tells me the device isn't eligible.

(out of topic - love the podcast. You guys rock. Ok back on topic again...)
    03-13-2011 08:59 AM
    Just to update and close this post..

Short story, my ipad is fixed (yay!).

Long story:
    1. Downloaded ios 4.3 for the ipad file directly (searched for download links in google) and tried cmd+resore in iTunes. FAIL.

2. Downloaded ios 4.2.1 for the ipad file directly (searched for download links in google) and tried cmd+resore in iTunes. FAIL.

3. Used the above files and attempted a restore through Pwnage Tool. FAIL.

4. Used the above files and attempted a restore through Redsn0w. FAIL.

5. Got epically drunk. FAIL. (But this was the good kind of fail)

6. Stole a friends PC for the day and attempted an iTunes restore there and...

...wait for it...

My iPad lives!

ITunes version 10.1, iOS 4.3, Windows 7 netbook, quite frankly I have no idea why or how that worked but it did.

For those of you who encounter this problem the lesson here is really: an epiphany can happen while in a drunken stupor too.
    03-15-2011 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD