Hey all,
    hope you lucky lot are enjoying your new device. Another 2 week wait for us in Europe unfortunately.

I had a question for those who went with the white version. I read elsewhere some comments that suggest the white border is not ideal for a tablet. That its distracting to the eye, maybe when watching movies. Sounds weird but I can understand the reason.

So is anyone finding this issue?
    03-12-2011 06:15 PM
    Hey all,
    hope you lucky lot are enjoying your new device. Another 2 week wait for us in Europe unfortunately.

I had a question for those who went with the white version. I read elsewhere some comments that suggest the white border is not ideal for a tablet. That its distracting to the eye, maybe when watching movies. Sounds weird but I can understand the reason.

So is anyone finding this issue?
    I though it would be but went with white due to white apple iPhones having a higher resale value down the road. But I have had zero issues with the white border (and this is coming from a guy who can't stand the slightest vision distraction {dirt on glasses, glare on tv, smudges on screens}) I actually mentioned today to my wife about how the white boarder doesnt distract at all. That being said, I'm sure this is a person to person preference, try and get ahold of one to mess if you can.
    03-12-2011 07:10 PM
    I'm loving mine like a fat kid loves cake
    03-12-2011 07:12 PM
    I am enjoying my white iPad very much. I don't find the white border distracting in the least.
    03-12-2011 08:02 PM
    Love my white iPad. It took a day for me to get use it to since I used the black iPad 1 for an entire year but now it's business as usual. No gripes
    03-12-2011 08:48 PM
    I read about that issue too when I was looking into buying one, but when I stood in line and the Best Buy guy came around with the tickets, all he had left was white. So, I took the plunge. Using it nonstop for the last 24hours, I haven't noticed any issues whatsoever. No distortion or bleaching effect.

Loving my first apple device...
    03-12-2011 10:06 PM
    I got the black one and my son got a white one. He wishes he had gone black. I think it looks great, but he and I both find it distracting. He actually went to try to do an exchange today, but they had not stock at BB.

They have a white demo unit at our local BB too and it was being played with and it seems that many there like the looks, but most said they would go with black. Different Strokes for Different Folks!

Just glad mine is black, no offense to those of you that have white.
    03-13-2011 01:47 AM
    Was just watching tears of the sun and didn't bother me at all. You'll love it
    03-13-2011 05:49 PM
    How is the white bezel at nights?
    Does it leak the backlight (more than a black bezel)?
    I want to read iBooks at night and I can imagine that the white bezel is more obvious than the black one, can anyone confirm/deny?
    03-14-2011 11:31 AM
    I went with the white iPad and I dont find it distracting at all. I actually love the look of the white one over the black. Its my personal preference and taste, but I love it.
    03-14-2011 11:32 AM
    I'm going with a white Ipad (don't have it yet though to give input on how it will be once I have it), but for me, I plan on using the Ipad as an e-reader (was going to get a Nook Color, but decided for the little bit more, I could have an Ipad)......I think the white border when reading books will be less distracting than the black border (I played a little bit with the e-book reader app at the 2 on display at Best Buy, and I think I will be glad to get the white one too)
    03-14-2011 12:13 PM
    I initially ordered mine black, but when Apple cancelled my order, I opted for the white one ... Now I'm having second thoughts! I'm really confused about which one to get ... I'm just used to my black iPad ...

I wish I had one on display to try it out and make an informed decision.
    03-16-2011 01:52 AM
    I initially ordered mine black, but when Apple cancelled my order, I opted for the white one ... Now I'm having second thoughts! I'm really confused about which one to get ... I'm just used to my black iPad ...

I wish I had one on display to try it out and make an informed decision.
    The Best Buy here locally has a white one for their display unit. But my son and I both purchased one. I got the black, he got the white because that was the only model they had with specs he wanted. We've compared them and I can tell you without a doubt the white one looks cool. However, it is very distracting. That white is just so bright and in my opinion and his it just takes away from the display experience. He has asked Best Buy if he can swap his out when they get more stock. They suggested that he go ahead and just return it, then get on their call back list. So, just today he returned his white one and is waiting on them to get stock on the black model.

Like I say it looks really sweet, but sitting around with it in the living room or bedroom that white almost glows. Glad I stuck with the black!
    AppleFan likes this.
    03-16-2011 02:30 AM
    Intresting ... I guess I'll stick to the black model then and good luck with the stock, I hope they replace it for you in a timely manner.
    03-16-2011 05:24 AM
    i really like the white you will too
    03-16-2011 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD