Texting with iPad

newiphoneuser

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So I got the iPad 2 and I was wondering if there was an app that would mirror texts between my iPhone and iPad. I'd like to type texts using the iPad if possible but have them sent to the iPhone as well. Possible?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
doubt it, I've wanted this for a long time now. There are some JB apps that are said to do this but obviously iPad 2 being on 4.3 can't be JBen yet. I've tried a few of the apps and they didn't work anyway. I think I heard the HP Touchpad has something like this capability so maybe in iOS 5 Apple will bring it out to stay competitive.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Actually, there are a few apps that can do it. I just finished texting the daughter of a friend on her iPod Touch. As long as you have WiFi, you're good. I think I had her install TextPlus. It assigns you a new phone number that simply goes through their servers.

newiphoneuser

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you re read my first post, I didn't want to get a new number. I want to be able to send and receive texts on both devices using my AT&T iPhone service number. Something like mirrored texting.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
If you re read my first post, I didn't want to get a new number. I want to be able to send and receive texts on both devices using my AT&T iPhone service number. Something like mirrored texting.

Don't think there is anything that will do this. I use google voice on both. It doesn't have an official iPad client but the iPhone client works fine in 2x mode. Texted a few times last night.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Text Plus Silver which was just updated yesterday actually does this. It will assign a 2nd phone number to your phone. Then you can use it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and when someone sends a text you will get it on all 3 devices and it will even sync the outgoing on all the devices too.

If I setup FaceTime using my email address on all devices it too works in parity. If someone calls me, my iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad will all ring, then I can answer it on any of those devices.

Acint1924

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
There is no app that will do what you want with your original number YET.

Like a previous poster said... HPs method of sharing calls/texts between their devices seems great and we can only hope apple takes a hint.

caleb22

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
If it's AT&T, just email the text.

Question:
How do I email a text message to an AT&T wireless device?
Answer:
To email a text message to an AT&T wireless device:
Type the text message as an email through your email account.
Send the email to the AT&T wireless phone using the following address format for the AT&T wireless phone number: 10-digit wireless phone number@txt.att.net

JF7FSU

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Talkatone integrates with GV and allows calls and texts over wi-fi. Works great on iPad but you gotta use your GV #

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77