So who has this issue? apparently many ppl have this problem. Some say it's glue not dried. But the LCD ia not glued to glass! I'm beginning to think it's a flaw and light bleed instead. Mine is in bottom right corner, right of the home button. Many people have it on the same place.
    03-12-2011 01:49 AM
    Same thing thing happened with iPhone 4 on release. These devices are shipped as soon as they are built. Give it a few days and i bet it goes away
    03-12-2011 02:02 AM
    Same thing thing happened with iPhone 4 on release. These devices are shipped as soon as they are built. Give it a few days and i bet it goes away
    I second this, same issue before. The iPad 2 is thinner than the original so instead of clips to hold the screen to the unit they used glue and alot of it. So I think if you give it a couple days for the glue to set it will go away otherwise return it. The processors were found that some had a build date of Jan and Feb 2011, since we're in March that is a very down to the wire production.
    03-12-2011 02:17 AM
    I hope so, but the screen is not glued. I guess I should give few days. I have 14 days and besides it's sold out everywhere here.
    03-12-2011 02:24 AM
    Yeah, I got this too. But I think they're right. I think this is that glue stuff that was happening with the iPhone 4. Just give it a few days. Hey, at least we know our iPads are brand spanking new!
    03-12-2011 07:49 AM
    I guess we'll find out in a couple of days.
    03-12-2011 09:53 AM
    Funny thing is this was a huge "problem" for the iPhone4 when it was first released... then "suddenly" reports of the "problem" disappeared, just like the yellow tint... chill and all will be well... not an issue, trust me.
    03-12-2011 10:32 AM
    Hank where did you get yours. Im In Phoenix too.
    03-12-2011 11:10 AM
    My iPad 2 isn't demonstrating any yellow blotches or light bleed. Picked mine up at my local best buy ... They only got 15 in.
    03-12-2011 11:37 AM
    Hank where did you get yours. Im In Phoenix too.
    One at the Peoria Walmart and one at the Indy Apple Store (thanks to my sister-in-law)...
    03-12-2011 01:56 PM
    nice after much attempts I found one at walmart in Glendale
    03-12-2011 02:20 PM
    nice after much attempts I found one at walmart in Glendale
    Yesterday or today? The lady at Peoria said that the 59th/Northern store received the largest supply in the area - 4...

Good for you...
    03-12-2011 02:23 PM
    I hope so, but the screen is not glued. I guess I should give few days. I have 14 days and besides it's sold out everywhere here.
    It may be sold out everywhere but Apple usually keeps a set number aside for replacements. For dead on arrivals and so forth
    03-12-2011 02:39 PM
    Yesterday or today? The lady at Peoria said that the 59th/Northern store received the largest supply in the area - 4...

Good for you...
    95th and camelback
    03-12-2011 04:25 PM
    My iPad 2 isn't demonstrating any yellow blotches or light bleed. Picked mine up at my local best buy ... They only got 15 in.
    Yeah I've looked at my screen hard and I don't see any issues.

Got mine at Best Buy in Alexandria, LA. They actually got 120 of them in and actually had about 10 of them left as of 8:30 PM Sat Night, but most of them were 64GB models.
    03-13-2011 03:30 AM
    It may be sold out everywhere but Apple usually keeps a set number aside for replacements. For dead on arrivals and so forth
    That`s what happened to me.

I got out and didn`t notice until about 30 minutes later that there was NASTY terrible yellow bleeding (not just the whiteish light bleed) and a wretched red pixel issue.

Went back in and the guy first said `Dude, I`m sorry, we`re completely out of these, I`m not sure what to tell you...`

I nearly had a heart attack as I`d have needed to wait at LEAST 1 month + to get a replacement as I was in Canada, the release wasn`t for another 14 days.

And driving back down to the Apple store was a no-go, it`s 2 hours....

Luckily the guy checked, went back and came out with a replacement, my heart soared. This one was much better, minor bleed but I`m used to and expect it, whitish - not smoker yellow and no pixel issues.
    03-14-2011 07:37 AM
    Theres really no point of exchanging as of right now most likely the replacement will be the same. This is really a frustrating! I just checked iPad 2 demos in store, 3 that I checked ave perfect screens!!! WTF apple?
    03-14-2011 01:28 PM
    Theres really no point of exchanging as of right now most likely the replacement will be the same. This is really a frustrating! I just checked iPad 2 demos in store, 3 that I checked ave perfect screens!!! WTF apple?
    Day 4 update: Maybe it is the glue my situation has decreased from when i first got it is still there. What about you guys any update?
    03-14-2011 10:16 PM
    Interesting.. I'm nervous about the white 32GB I have arriving tomorrow or Thursday...
    03-15-2011 11:02 PM
    Some say it's glue not dried. But the LCD ia not glued to glass!
    I haven't seen this specific part answered yet.

The LCD is not glued to the glass, but the digitizer for the touch screen is.
    03-16-2011 01:33 AM
    well my screen already is scratched.
    03-16-2011 09:33 AM
    well my screen already is scratched.
    Sorry to hear that. But no matter what it is bound to happen down the road. I've been through too many screen protectors before and hate them on these devices. I would rather leave the screen naked and not sacrifice screen quality and feel. Definitely not on the ipad! Anyways I will return mine this weekend. I simply can't stand the light bleeds. It is just unacceptable for an expensive device. I will just wait for the next wave and see if it is atlease improved on.
    03-16-2011 05:05 PM
    Sorry to hear that. But no matter what it is bound to happen down the road. I've been through too many screen protectors before and hate them on these devices. I would rather leave the screen naked and not sacrifice screen quality and feel. Definitely not on the ipad! Anyways I will return mine this weekend. I simply can't stand the light bleeds. It is just unacceptable for an expensive device. I will just wait for the next wave and see if it is atlease improved on.
    I use the Power Support Clear screen protector on my iPad 1st gen. Had it on since May. Doesnt scratch nor it doesnt effect screen quality in any way. Its pricey but well worth the money.

I would exchange your iPad if if the screen isnt any better, then return it as long as you can get this done before your return period..
    03-16-2011 05:08 PM
    Totally disagree and I like the poster after you put on a power support crystal screen protector which has been on my iPad 1 for a year. Not a single scratch on my display. I am doing the same with the iPad 2.

If you have gone through multiple screen protectors, you are not buying the right one. I cannot see why on earth anyone would go through screen protectors. Naked is nice but at resale time it will cost you.

I got about 90% of my money back when I sold my 1 because I could say no scratches, display has been screen protected since day one.
    Last edited by OTACORB; 03-16-2011 at 10:08 PM.
    03-16-2011 10:04 PM
    Totally disagree and I like the poster after you put on a power support crystal screen protector which has been on my iPad 1 for a year. Not a single scratch on my display. I am doing the same with the iPad 2.

If you have gone through multiple screen protectors, you are not buying the right one. I cannot see why on earth anyone would go through screen protectors. Naked is nice but at resale time it will cost you.

I got about 90% of my money back when I sold my 1 because I could say no scratches, display has been screen protected since day one.
    SGP and power support is all I used. These are the best in the market that hardly affect quality. However it makes your screen less slippery. I agree there is a benefit ton screen protectors as far as reselling the device a year from now. I just prefer to nit have it anymorensince I am every careful. I can sacrifice hairline scratches for that nice slippery gliding screen.
    03-17-2011 12:02 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD