iPad screen blotches

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
well my screen already is scratched.

Sorry to hear that. But no matter what it is bound to happen down the road. I've been through too many screen protectors before and hate them on these devices. I would rather leave the screen naked and not sacrifice screen quality and feel. Definitely not on the ipad! Anyways I will return mine this weekend. I simply can't stand the light bleeds. It is just unacceptable for an expensive device. I will just wait for the next wave and see if it is atlease improved on.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. But no matter what it is bound to happen down the road. I've been through too many screen protectors before and hate them on these devices. I would rather leave the screen naked and not sacrifice screen quality and feel. Definitely not on the ipad! Anyways I will return mine this weekend. I simply can't stand the light bleeds. It is just unacceptable for an expensive device. I will just wait for the next wave and see if it is atlease improved on.

I use the Power Support Clear screen protector on my iPad 1st gen. Had it on since May. Doesnt scratch nor it doesnt effect screen quality in any way. Its pricey but well worth the money.

I would exchange your iPad if if the screen isnt any better, then return it as long as you can get this done before your return period..

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Totally disagree and I like the poster after you put on a power support crystal screen protector which has been on my iPad 1 for a year. Not a single scratch on my display. I am doing the same with the iPad 2.

If you have gone through multiple screen protectors, you are not buying the right one. I cannot see why on earth anyone would go through screen protectors. Naked is nice but at resale time it will cost you.

I got about 90% of my money back when I sold my 1 because I could say no scratches, display has been screen protected since day one.

Last edited:

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Totally disagree and I like the poster after you put on a power support crystal screen protector which has been on my iPad 1 for a year. Not a single scratch on my display. I am doing the same with the iPad 2.

If you have gone through multiple screen protectors, you are not buying the right one. I cannot see why on earth anyone would go through screen protectors. Naked is nice but at resale time it will cost you.

I got about 90% of my money back when I sold my 1 because I could say no scratches, display has been screen protected since day one.

SGP and power support is all I used. These are the best in the market that hardly affect quality. However it makes your screen less slippery. I agree there is a benefit ton screen protectors as far as reselling the device a year from now. I just prefer to nit have it anymorensince I am every careful. I can sacrifice hairline scratches for that nice slippery gliding screen.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just prefer to nit have it anymorensince I am every careful. I can sacrifice hairline scratches for that nice slippery gliding screen.

Everyone has their own preferences. I honestly just don't notice the difference in using the touch screen with the screen protector on vs it being naked. I use a touch screen cleaning solution on mine and it gives it a nice smooth surface that feels much like the naked screen to me.

I always have the fact that I will want to get as much as I can at resale time, so screen protection is a must! LOL

pjtiern

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am happy to say that I have no indication of bleeding on my I Pad 2! It works great. still getting used to the keyboard, but it gets easier all the time. Love reading books on it. Games are fun too, but web browsing is the main reason I have it and that is the absolute best!