Official standing in line for iPad 2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
It's 3:34pm my time and I'm in line at Best Buy here in Cincinnati. The line is getting long. I'm #10.

boiseit#IM

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Boise Towne Square Mall

It's 1:35PM and the Boise Towne Square mall has about 100+ people in two separate lines in front of the Apple Store. Come on down and join the fun! Apple employees are being great! They are feeding us water and Starbucks. What more can you ask for.

TheMinibishop

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Greetings from Detroit

I'm at the Best Buy at Southland Mall in Taylor, MI. Got here at 3:30. There are roughly about 30 people here. So I feel good about my chances of snagging a white 16gb wifi only iPad 2.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Just got word that the Navy Exchange here will have both colors and all models. Sending the wife there around 2-230pm and I will meet her when I get off at 330.

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Here at Best Buy in Kenosha WI. It's almost 415 and there are about 50 people in line. Not sure of my chances to get what i want but I will try!

chrsb

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Got mine a Walmart. Walked in at 4:45, cashier said they had 2, one person in line. Got the 64GB wifi model, syncing it right now

ivango711

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Know someone at best buy in Yonkers, NY.. They held one for me.. All I had to do was go to customer service and pick up from her..life is good..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
SCORE! I just found out that my sister-in-law was in line at the Apple store in Indy... she got two - one for me and one for her... I will have a black 32GB AT&T 3G iPad in my hands on Monday... all from the comfort of my own home.

Life is good!

maortiz10

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm at on line at the Viscount best buy in El Paso, Tx. Funny there is a lady who got the Xoom 2 weeks ago. Returned it today in the morning because it was too hard to use for her and lack of apps. Wow! I wonder how many people like her turned in there Xoom for the iPad 2.

congo597

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Apple Store in Hingham, MA. At around 3pm, there were probably 75 people in front of me and 300 people behind me.

Never the less, I got one. AT&T, 32gb, Black! :D

crg005

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Walked into Walmart at 5:30 there was a guy asking about what the difference between the ipad 1 and 2 were and if he could play video over HDMI from the old Ipad the lady said she didn't know and then asked me if I need any help and I asked her if she had any more Ipad 2s. She said that this was the last one and the other gentleman was not sure if he wanted it yet, but he was in line before me.
This is when it helps to watch ipad live. I told the guy that the old Ipad won't do video mirroring, and explained what that was, but that I am pretty sure it will do video out over HDMI over 720p.
He said "thanks for the help, i'm going to talk to my wife about it, you can have the last one."
So I got a 16 gig black wifi only, by just strolling into Walmart at the right time. Sometimes it pays to watch Tipb shows.

carpathia16

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I got my 64GB 3G Black AT&T iPad at Target on Naamans Road in Wilmington, DE. Target employees were organized and friendly. Best Buy around the corner ran out, but Target still had a few 64GB 3G iPads when I left about 5:20. Best Buy customers were coming over to Target. Worth a call to Target to see if they have any still in stock.

macmulisha

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I was at the Apple store in Brandon Florida. I got in line a little after noon. I was probably about #50 or so. There was a Dick's sporting goods right across from us selling camping chairs 2 for $15. So me and the guy in front of me split the 15 bucks and are now comfy!! About 30 minutes later mall security now tell us that it is a fire hazard to be sitting in a chair OR on the floor!!! The line goes nuts. Paul Blart is thinking twice about messing with us!! So he calls in the Sheriff's Office. We stand. For a long time. I have an iPad 2!!!!

Bigchris

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from getting mine at Best Buy. Got there at 2 and was # 5 in line. A few mins after me, and the line started to get big. There was about 30 people in line. 4:30 best buy employees come out to pass out tickets, and they only had 15 in. I was able to get my black 32gig without problem.... My 1st iPad too and I'm typing on it now..... :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
After I got the news about my sister-in-law scoring one for me, my wife and I were in Walmart birthday shopping for our 3 year old grandson... I wandered over to the electronics section about 3:45 and saw that there was NO line and no one waiting anywhere for the iPad. I asked a clerk who said they only had two - both black wifi 64GB models... and no one had staked a claim... so I claimed one for my wife and left the other for someone else... at about 4:30 a guy walked up and asked about them and was given the magic ticket for the other one they had... super double score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner