That's where I'll be most likely
    Have you bought from there on other launch days? Not sure what to expect. The good thing is - Best Buy, AT&T are nearby, so I might swing by one of those if he tells me the lines at Apple are crazy.
    03-11-2011 09:54 AM
    Have you bought from there on other launch days? Not sure what to expect. The good thing is - Best Buy, AT&T are nearby, so I might swing by one of those if he tells me the lines at Apple are crazy.
    I was there for last year's iPhone 4 launch and iPad launch. Lines were crazy for the iPhone 4 but I had a reservation and took me no longer than 2 hours from the time I walked up to the line. But iPad launch lines should be nowhere as long. I walked up with a maybe 5-8 people ahead of me last year. Of course, I expect it to be much more this time but certainly not iPhone 4 length. And you're right about Best Buy plus the one up on Kirkwood, walmart on 13 and target at the mall as well. I'm not going to AT&T though because I think they will only have the wifi+3G versions. I just want wifi only.
    03-11-2011 10:01 AM
    After my last purchase (iphone 4) at apple store, i said no more. From waiting in line to the ***** trying to give me a presentation after i purchase and just want to leave. Some people crave this, go figure..lol
    03-11-2011 10:17 AM
    After my last purchase (iphone 4) at apple store, i said no more. From waiting in line to the ***** trying to give me a presentation after i purchase and just want to leave. Some people crave this, go figure..lol
    I'm pretty sure they do that so you can go home and show all your friends all the new features and they can be amazed and want to go buy one right away.

Just my humble opinion.
    03-11-2011 10:47 AM
    Anyone know the current status of how long lines are at Apple Store Kenwood, Cincinnati?
    03-11-2011 10:51 AM
    I'll be at the Philadelphia Apple store on Walnut St. Looking forward to some long lines!
    03-11-2011 10:57 AM
    Here in Charlotte the news crew is here at the Apple store.
    03-11-2011 11:01 AM
    I'll be leaving work in NYC at 4PM to get to the Menlo Park Mall in Edison, NJ - there's Apple and AT&T stores, and a Target across the street. I have friends at all locations and all are confident that there will be enough to go around, and that they'll likely get replenishment for Saturday, as they did for the iPhone 4 launch (well, at least the Apple store did).
    03-11-2011 11:14 AM
    My original iPad with my blue and white otter box will be on my local news station!
    03-11-2011 11:17 AM
    I'm going to skip out of work for a bit (I'm on from noon till 10pm) around 4ish and hit off my local best buy. There is a target and walmart within a mile of that if I have "issues".

FYI, stopped by two walmarts and target to see if I could score one early today to no avail, but I did see a couple taking inventory of them, there were up to "41" when I asked if "I could get on of those" (with a sheepish smile!). So, take that with a grain of salt when it comes to "walmart only getting five ipads!". I can't see target getting more then a Walmart. I could see target, best buy, Walmart getting 5-10 of each model, which would make the unfinished count of 41 make sense. I'm in northeast PA by the way.
    03-11-2011 11:54 AM
    I'll be waiting in line at the Salt Lake City, Utah Apple Store at the Gateway Mall. Weatherman says it's supposed to SNOW tomorrow, but they're always wrong. Here's hoping for clear skies!

If you're in line too come say hi, grab a TiPb shirt and talk iPad 2 with me!

(also, don't hesitate to bring me food if you want to! :P)

Hows the line at the Gateway? I was going to run out on my lunch break and take a look.
    03-11-2011 11:54 AM
    Got about 70 in line at Kenwood in Cincinnati
    03-11-2011 12:00 PM
    Went to 2 Best Buys (Denton TX) around 10:30 am and they haven't gotten any in yet...

ugh...

I just want to know how many there are to determine WHEN I jump in line...and they know nothing...

BTW - there was no lines at either.
    03-11-2011 12:24 PM
    My husband is on his way to Christiana Mall (DE) Apple store. I'll post about the line length once he gets there. (He's about an hour away.)
    03-11-2011 12:28 PM
    Sitting in line at the apple store in suburban Chicago (Old Orchard mall). There is about 15 people in line at 11:30 am cst
    03-11-2011 12:34 PM
    You people need to get a frackin life!

And yes, I will be in line at the Apple Store Summit, Birmingham, AL at 8:30 this morning. I am so pathetic, and helpless to do anything about it.
    lolololol..yup I'm in the same boat...so pathetic...hehehehe
    03-11-2011 12:37 PM
    My husband is on his way to Christiana Mall (DE) Apple store. I'll post about the line length once he gets there. (He's about an hour away.)
    Yes, please let me know. I can leave work around 4, but don't want to bother if it is crazy. I'm only 15 minutes away from the mall. Tax-free
    03-11-2011 01:05 PM
    Hey guys!

I will be at the La Encantada Apple store in Tucson Az! Can't miss me, I will be in my TipB shirt!

Hope there are some TipB friends in Arizona!

Is there a lot of people in line there? I am thinking about heading over?
    03-11-2011 01:22 PM
    Here in Boise Idaho at the Mall Apple Store
    03-11-2011 01:26 PM
    I'll keep you posted. There seems to be about 120 people here. Who thinks I have a chance of scoring 3G AT&T 64

I called the AT&T stores in my area it looks like they only got 32gb models and one store hasn't gotten any yet. THEY DID I'm First in line! I look like crap but I don't care!

I will keep calling them and If they say they got a 64 I'm gonna run over there. It is only across the street and no one appears to be waiting there.
    Last edited by xultar; 03-11-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    03-11-2011 01:33 PM
    There are 4-500 people in line at the Christiana Mall Store in Delaware.

Apple employee told him that they've been getting "truck loads" of iPads, but they are not sure they will have enough with the line they currently have. There is a 2 iPad per person limit.

He is now leaving to go to Best Buy to see what their situation is.
    03-11-2011 01:36 PM
    Can you buy me one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-11-2011 01:36 PM
    Can't see the end of the line at Kenwood in Cincinnati.
    03-11-2011 01:40 PM
    Ooooooommmmmmmmmggggggggggggg

I called the AT&T store from the line in the mall. They just got their shipment and they have a 64 gb. So I left the line quietly and I'm here FIRSTTTTTTT IN LINE!!!
    03-11-2011 01:52 PM
    is only two ipads per cust. for today or wat?
    03-11-2011 02:02 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD