Who is NOT getting the iPad 2 and staying on iPad 1?

justinleon

Oct 19, 2008
Visit site
It was frustrating dealing with morons who couldn't be bothered to read simple directions when I tried to sell my 1 on craigslist. So I gave up.

I also don't have the patience to deal with waiting online for what is a modest update instead.

I'll wait for iPad 3.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I held off on the 1st-gen. iPad.

Given all the hype surrounding tomorrow's launch, I am tempted to get the iPad2, but think I can wait a bit longer for the iPad3. Hopefully, it will have a retina display, higher-res. cameras, etc.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I consider ipad 1's as the high end ipod touch now. I've sold at least 3 ipod touch's lately on ebay for family and myself. Why bother with a 299 32gb ipod touch? Used ipads go for that and all have the option for an extended apple care right now.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I am sticking with the ipad 1
As i have got garageband and i dont need imovie or facetime or the camera as i have an iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4....

deosculate

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm personally not. I'm more than content with my iPad and don't have any need for the few new features or even faster processor.

I see this as an opportunity to pick up original iPads for friends and family at awesome prices now.

Vorpal279

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah there really isn't any mind blowing features the iPad 2 has that will make me get it. I'm satisifed with the original for now.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I may get one eventually, but without an untethered jailbreak, I ain't switchin'.

Also, I have some concerns. I think the original ipad will be much more durable and, since I bring mine with me everywhere and my girlfriend has the butteriest fingers, durability sounds like "WINNING!"

I suspect the iPad 2 battery life will be less than iPad's and that Apple deliberately underestimated it, last year, (which had us marveling and praising them) so that they could mitigate the sophomore jinx by claiming that theyve magically maintained battery life.

MNofsinger

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I am also sticking with gen 1. I like the idea of having a dual processor, but it's not worth the cost to upgrade. I don't care about the cameras. I will wait for gen 3 and maybe even try an android tablet.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I purposely waited until the announcement of iPad 2 just so I could get the first gen cheaper. I am perfectly happy with it! For what I use it for it was worth going for cheaper vs. newer. That, and the fact that 3rd gen isn't that far off, gives me a new toy while I wait to see what it brings to the table.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm still very happy with my iPad. It's one of the best things I've bought and I'm kinda attached to it. When software starts coming out that looks compelling to me that won't run on an iPad then I'll look at the iPad 2. Until then, I just don't see the need to replace something that's already fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was going too stick with my iPad 1, but Friday afternoon around 3PM the urge hit and off to Best Buy I went. I've done a lot of side by side comparisons. I have to say that the iPad 2 is well worth it. Yeah the iPad 1 is great, but swapping between apps and especially when you get lots of open tabs for web browsing. No reloading of pages on the iPad 2. This thing is fast and the dual core and expanded memory makes all the difference in the world. Have any of you seen the graphics benchmark scores, the iPad 2 rocks big time past the iPad 1 and even kicks the crap out of the Moto Xoom.

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I was considering getting the ipad 2 but with the 4.3 OS update, my ipad 1 seems just fine considering I dont care about facetime or cameras. I havent even had this one a year yet, so I really dont feel the need to spend more for an update.

Acint1924

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I went with the iPad 2 initially because I always have to have the latest apple gadgets but after using it the last 2 days.... You NEED to upgrade.

Whether you want to believe me or not, the whole experience changes because of the speed increase and form factor alone.

I literally can't put it down now.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy with my iPad and don't want to get the iPad2.

I have limited funds to my tech addiction.
I'd rather upgrade my Droid to the iPhone 5, that would be a far more significant upgrade.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I went with the iPad 2 initially because I always have to have the latest apple gadgets but after using it the last 2 days.... You NEED to upgrade.

Whether you want to believe me or not, the whole experience changes because of the speed increase and form factor alone.

I literally can't put it down now.

The decreased durability and repairability drop concern me more than a 30% Smaller form factor than only results in about a 15% decrease in weight.

It's just about as heavy as ever.

More stability during multitasking would be nice, though.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Another one who is sticking with my 1st Gen iPad which I'm perfectly content with, I have cameras on my ViP4, iMac and MacBook Pro I highly doubt I'll ever use it on a iPad, a new iPhone every year is one thing, a definate must or lust, lol....a new iPad every year is un-necessary to me..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73