AT&T or Verizon iPad 2?

AT&T or Verizon model iPad 2?

• Total voters

clue1968

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Getting AT&T.

I like AT&T much better. Where I'm at, it's about a tie on service. Verizon is just a hair above AT&T. But I can't swap out sim cards in verizon. So AT&T will be the one for me.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Neither. Going wifi only and tether for free via my jailbroken iPhone. But if I had to choose it would be the AT&T one because AT&T's data network is faster and I don't have a problem with their coverage in my area.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So, we can for sure pick one up @ AT&T right?

Where is the best bet of getting an AT&T version on Friday? Best Buy? AT&T?

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Which will you be choosing? The AT&T or Verizon model?

Since it's a data only device, you don't have to worry about dropped calls, so if I had AT&T, I'd get the AT&T model. If I had VZW, I'd get the VZW model, however, as another poster in this thread already mentioned, I'd get the wifi only model and tether for free to a jailbroken iPhone.

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
A big neither for me as well. I personally believed that the iPad2 should have sported an LTE radio rather than 3G for VZW/ATT. That convinced me to put my stock in wifi model and use the hotspot feature in my iPhone4. If the iPhone5 comes with LTE, I'm pretty sure that most people that bought the 3G iPad2 will tether as well.
But if I had to choose, I'll rock an ATT model simply because it's faster in my area and I can swap the SIM out.
Cheers!

kittykatta

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Which carrier is better if you dont want 3G service the entire month? With my Sprint HotSpot feature then I can turn it on and off so I only get charged per day rather than per month, the problem is I need to talk to a rep to do it. Does it work the same with Verizon and ATT? Because I would prefer to turn service on within an app rather than through a phone call.

Bird_Flu

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Definitely getting wifi only. With the personal hotspot on AT&T being a combined 4GB no matter how you use it for only an extra $20/mth it's a no-brainer for me. I'll take the extra I would have spent on the 3G model and get the 64GB wifi.

RadicalxEdward

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered through verizon, but I gotta say I'm regretting it. They promised people across the country that ordered at 5 on the 11th that they'd be shipping the orders to the customer directly from their warehouse via 2nd day fedex. needless to say, I and many others don't have our iPads. (I've seen a few people get theirs, but for the most part most seem to have not yet.)

They also can't track the orders and won't let you cancel the order. Oh and they charge your card as soon as you order (not when it ships)

johnmarshall4

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I did the math and found it was cheaper (both in plan, and cost of the 3g model) to just use tethering now that AT&T gives 4G and we have WiFi hotspot. The WIFI version is also a little lighter - but you give up GPS.