I have my iPad mounted in my car and hardwired through my stereo and recently bought a VZ iPhone 4. Is it possible to use the iPad to receive the calls so that I can use my non-bluetooth older generation Lexus to answer calls hands-free and through the stereo?
    03-08-2011 03:52 PM
    first post and I stumped 76 people so far! I guess I should've started with a post like "Hi, I'm new to the forums, how do I adjust the brightness of my screen?"
    03-09-2011 11:07 PM
    Just so I'm clear on what you're asking, is this what you want to do?

-Pair VZ iPhone4 to iPad
    -When a call comes in, somehow answer it on your iPad
    -Talk through your car stereo for duration of call

(Alternate but not free solution: using Truphone or Line2 might work, maybe use a Google Voice number and forward to your iPad.)
    03-10-2011 01:24 AM
    well as i know, you can unlock your iPhone so that you can use it as a phone . you can use the internet using wi-fi (free) or just incase you dont get wi-fi reception you use the internet on your iPhone but some small charge's that will apply as per usage.That depends on your sim cards operator.
    03-10-2011 07:39 AM
    Is it possible to use the iPad to receive the calls so that I can use my non-bluetooth older generation Lexus to answer calls hands-free and through the stereo?
    The simple answer is...no. Have to use your iphone.
    03-10-2011 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD