WAY less free RAM on reboot with 4.3

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iOS 4.3 leaves only about 93 megs of RAM free upon forced reboot. 4.2.1 on the same iPad left around 115 megs. iOS 4.3 is indeed noticeably slower than 4.2.1. It's iOS 4 on iPhone 3G situation all over again :-/

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
iOS 4.3 leaves only about 93 megs of RAM free upon forced reboot. 4.2.1 on the same iPad left around 115 megs. iOS 4.3 is indeed noticeably slower than 4.2.1. It's iOS 4 on iPhone 3G situation all over again :-/

How is it the iPhone 3G situation? Perhaps this OS handles memory different on all devices. Plus, maybe you had something on in the background....

To me, you're the only one I've seen mention this....doesn't seem like the iPhone 3G situation to me.

Plus I am on the GM of OS 4.3 and only see things going faster, such as the browser and app switching...

Reactions: anon(52425)

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 3G with iOS 4 situation is that it barely runs and is slow as hell. We are starting to see that with iPad as well. It was super fast with 3.2.2 (of course, there was no 3rd party multitasking). It was a bit slower with 4.2.1 (higher RAM usage) and the trend of slowing down continues with 4.3 (yet higher RAM usage).

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 3G with iOS 4 situation is that it barely runs and is slow as hell. We are starting to see that with iPad as well. It was super fast with 3.2.2 (of course, there was no 3rd party multitasking). It was a bit slower with 4.2.1 (higher RAM usage) and the trend of slowing down continues with 4.3 (yet higher RAM usage).

Yeah, dude, I know what the situation was. What I am saying is no one else is claiming what you're claiming, thats why I said "what's the situation?".

You're the only one saying this, and like I said i am rocking 4.3 GM and things seems faster and see no RAM useagei dfferences....

Reactions: anon(52425)

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You're right, I will make my final judgement upon final build (and clean DFU restore), but history shows versions mean higher RAM usage, no matter how you slice it :)