I'm really torn over this decision. Over the past few years I've have been between Apple and Android. It took me a while to come to the realization that I am, an Apple fan. After converting from Sprint's Palm Pre (Love the OS) I got my first iPhone 3GS, I then upgraded to the iPhone 4 and sold at an offer I couldn't refuse, from the iPhone I went to Sprint's Samsung Epic... After a few months of the open source I noticed I just didn't like it and went back to my 3GS. I currently own a iMac and love the fact that it syncs so well, I also owned and iPad in the past, but it didn't work out the box and thought maybe it was a sign that I didn't need one... At that time I had a HP laptop and didn't have much time for it. Well know my laptop has blown out, and I'm in need of something portable because at night I want to surf the net in my bed... In a sense I'm extremely cheap, but I've read that in the future most App developers may take full advantage of the new A5 chip. I know it comes with Garage Band, iPhoto, and iMovie (Which I never use). I'm mainly going to be using my iPad to browse safari, check email, and play a few games here in there when I'm not paying attention in class. If I was to get either it would be the iPad Refurbished Wifi 16GB ($349) or the iPad 2 16GB ($499). I keep telling myself I don't need the iPad 2, but I can't pull the trigger on the original iPad for some reason... Any one else going through this.?
    03-05-2011 12:03 PM
    I have just sold my iPad 1 and ready to jump all over the iPad 2.

I always felt as if the iPad 1 was slowing me down, I own a MacBook which I love but I wanted an iPad to replace my general evening browsing, emailing, and just to have a little fun with. I got the iPad at Xmas. When I saw the iPad 2 spec it blew me away. It looks as if it's going to be so much faster then the iPad 1. The iPad 1 is great but I want something that takes me closer to my MacBook browsing experience. So with the upgraded hardware and the more precise screen I think it's the way to go.

If u can stretch a bit further then get an iPad 2.
    03-05-2011 12:35 PM
    I to agree that it will be faster, but I'm mainly going to be running of Wifi, when I originally had my iPad, it didn't seem to slow. This is why I'm torn, because the original iPad met my needs, but I don't want to purchase it then regret not getting the new one. I honestly think my mind is telling me to get the 2nd gen, because of its cool factor, I'm never going to use the extra features in 4.03, but I'm scared that 5.0 may leave the original iPad out.

I have just sold my iPad 1 and ready to jump all over the iPad 2.

I always felt as if the iPad 1 was slowing me down, I own a MacBook which I love but I wanted an iPad to replace my general evening browsing, emailing, and just to have a little fun with. I got the iPad at Xmas. When I saw the iPad 2 spec it blew me away. It looks as if it's going to be so much faster then the iPad 1. The iPad 1 is great but I want something that takes me closer to my MacBook browsing experience. So with the upgraded hardware and the more precise screen I think it's the way to go.

If u can stretch a bit further then get an iPad 2.
    03-05-2011 12:40 PM
    I would go with the iPad 2. I've had the iPad since November 2010 and there is some sluggishness. I don't do anything crazy, but somethings there's some hiccups when exiting an app and going to the home screen or switching between apps. Those issues should not occur with the iPad 2.

Also, in my opinion, the iPad 2 is very nice looking. I like the thinner look. Though the first iPad wasn't obese by any means, I'm sure that holding the iPad 2 will be a more comfortable experience.

I think if you go with the iPad 2, you will not regret it. Looks aside, the extra money will be worth it for the extra horsepower. That thing looks like it runs as smooth as butter. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    03-05-2011 02:38 PM
    You should get the iPad 2, for a 150 difference you're getting a lighter, thinner and faster device. If you're relaxing in bed the thin and light will really be a good thing. Also when you buy a device you have to look forward in time so you want something that's going to last you. If you get the first gen you'll be outdated right off the bat just to save $150.
    03-05-2011 03:47 PM
    You should get the iPad 2, for a 150 difference you're getting a lighter, thinner and faster device. If you're relaxing in bed the thin and light will really be a good thing. Also when you buy a device you have to look forward in time so you want something that's going to last you. If you get the first gen you'll be outdated right off the bat just to save $150.
    Take this advice, it's solid.
    03-05-2011 06:47 PM
    Dont forget resale value. Look at people trying to dump their iPad now and settling for scraps. At least the iPad 2 will hold its value just a little bit longer.
    03-05-2011 07:56 PM
    I'm going to stick with iPad1 and wait for the next version (ipad3) which will probably come out in christmas. I think for now ipad one will do just as fine as ipad2
    03-05-2011 10:07 PM
    Well, at least I have till March 11th to think, im kind of leaning towards the iPad 2 but will sell.
    03-05-2011 10:58 PM
    I would go with the iPad 2 .. Especially if you are not a current owner. I wouldn't want to buy the discontinued model, I would wager strongly that you will get more joy out of the new model.
    03-06-2011 12:15 AM
    Also a big decider for me is the new A5 chip and the graphics processor and the extra RAM.

This leads me to think that there will be a lot of things to come that the old iPad just won't do. Think back to the difference between the 3G and the 3GS.

I think we are goin to see the iPad 2 really push ahead!

The only real hard decision is black or White lol
    03-06-2011 08:50 AM
    I'm going to stick with iPad1 and wait for the next version (ipad3) which will probably come out in christmas. I think for now ipad one will do just as fine as ipad2
    Hate to break it to ya bud, but the next iPad won't come out until next march or april.
    03-06-2011 10:13 AM
    $349 is hard to argue for iPad though......#confused
    03-06-2011 10:43 AM
    I hate to bump an old thread but I'm going through this same dilemma. I made the decision to go with the iPad over the Android tablets (Honeycomb is nice but not quite there yet). I was originally going to get the iPad 32GB refurbished through Apple but now I'm debating on if I should just get the 16GB iPad 2?

Now that the iPad 2 is out and both are running 4.3 (I think), have there been any noticeable lag on the iPad 1, are there any apps that won't work on the iPad 1? I hate to spend that much money on something that won't have the app support but also $500 is quite a bit to spend as well.

I'm torn.

Thanks.
    06-17-2011 10:10 AM
    I'm a very new iPad 1 owner/heavy iPhone user. I miss the camera (with the iPad) all the time, and have to break out the iPhone. The iPad 1 was extremely hard to pull off at this time and the iPad 2 was totally out of the question. I would have loved the 2 if I could have pulled it off.
    06-17-2011 12:06 PM
    iPad2 for sure. You will regret if you go for the discontinued one as some new apps may only supports the latest one.
    06-21-2011 05:12 AM
    i would preferred to ipad2 because it has more features.
    06-21-2011 06:56 AM
    Quit thinking about it so much and just go and buy the iPad 2!! You'll regret it if u don't. Nuff said...
    06-21-2011 11:03 AM
    I just went for it and got the 16GB WiFi iPad 2 (Target has periodically getting them in stock) and so far I'm loving it. I'll be traveling a lot this year so it will get plenty of use (and at home).
    06-21-2011 11:14 AM
    iPad is out, everyone likes iPad 2 !
    06-21-2011 11:52 AM
    Just got the ipad2 today, sitting at the local pub enjoying a drink but not quite as much as my new iPad 2. Get it u won't be disappointed!!
    06-21-2011 05:25 PM
    iPad2 has a camera and a faster processor. Also, it is a lot lighter. I am sure you will love it. go for it!!
    06-22-2011 05:28 AM
    I think you should get the iPad 2. It's really good.
    06-23-2011 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD