Offical waiting room for the iPad 2

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
So who out there is getting the iPad 2? Any predictions on when it will be released and/or announced. Will there be a Verizon version at release? If your getting one, will it be your first iPad, will you be upgrading or replacing the original iPad? Sound off below.

I have a 16GB 3G version that replaced the wifi only version I purchased on release day. I will be getting the iPad 2 so my wife can have one too (she will be getting the hand-me-down). I'm thinking an announcement with a next few week and to be on sale the first week of April.

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely getting the iPad 2. I love how my iPad works now and I can't just miss the second generation. Waiting is an agony but we got to do what we got to do.

DenatureX

Nov 30, 2010
www.tourdelis.com
Will be getting the iPod 2. It will be my first. Going to actually buy two, one for me and one for my wife. Trying to decide if I should get 2 iPad2s or one ipad1 & one iPad 2. Very tough decision.

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Too soon to tell. Lots of rumors flying about it right now, but I won't make a decision until the official specs are released.

trooperoutlaw

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have the extra cash for iPad 1. So I waited and was saving. By the time I was ready it was 8 months in so why not wait for iPad 2 and get the latest and greatest!

cversion7

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't afford either iPad, myself, but here's to hoping my company will purchase one for me to use. :)
I'd prefer sooner to later, but the snazzy iPad 2 might be worth the wait.

darrinpruitt

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Probably not. I am pretty content with my iPad gen 1. I would rather get iP5 in June if I have to choose. I hear it iPad 2 has some features like a camera and better screen. But until we can have facetime via cellular network, it is not much use other than playing around. I know skype has it available and I could use it but while I like Skype, I like the built in Facetime just because Skype runs battery down faster in relations to the more contacts you have.

AttaQ

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I held off buying the original iPad at launch to see how things played out with it, and after a few months I was really smitten. However I waited still longer to get the second gen (iPad 2) because I was pretty certain there would be some really good upgrades, and I am not compelled to get one right away.

I am really looking forward to the launch and getting the new iPad though, it will be fun and useful on the train as my company is moving locations and I will have to ride the train to work in a few months.

HarmsWayChad

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The only prediction I have about the iPad 2 is that it will include a front facing camera only. This will be to help support the FaceTime that Apple has been pushing. I am sure there will be an improvement on the screen resolution and i am sure it will be smaller in some aspect. I am waiting to get one. Although I would truly benefit from having one right now for school because all I own are e-books now. I figure I will wait to see what is going to happen before making the purchase.

Winski

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yup....iPad 2 is on the line...

Definitely getting one of these probably in June... expect it to be announced late Feb. early Mar. but don't really care.. Will be my first, but after all the improvements Apple seems to be targeting for iPad 2, it's hard to imagine it won't last at least two years on a technology curve..

Most SSD mem available... WiFi ONLY - don't care about a bloody carrier and their "screw customers at any cost" philosophy. Will be a hoot to watch the air get sucked out of the rest of the 'me-too' tablet-wanna-be market when this pup arrives...

Hope Steve gets well....

ehyche

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm going to be getting an iPad 2. When I saw the specs on the original iPad, I decided to wait because:

a) I wanted higher resolution than 1024x768;
b) I wanted a camera and the ability to do FaceTime;
c) I wanted to give magazines and newspapers time to get new products out for it.

I think I'll get (a) and (b) in the iPad 2. Who knows if (c) will ever happen...

01pappy

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Never the 1st generation

I'm waiting until ?April? for the next generatiion of iPad. It looks to be much better than generation 1. I never buy 1st generation.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Between my iP4 and my 1st Gen iPad I'm content to wait until iP6 and iPad 3 at this point. The iP4 is more than suitable for my needs, same goes for the current iPad!

I feel bad for those waiting, waiting for a gadget to come to market is the worst, longest torture ever.

ginsoakedboy

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Definitely interested

2011 is the year of tablets and so far iPad has been outdoing its competition by a huge margin. So I am definitely interested in getting a tablet this year. I did not buy the iPad and was waiting for Apple to make it better. I would definitely want a front facing camera as I use Skype a lot.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't purchased an iPad yet, but will most likely pick up the second generation model when it's released. I think it'd be great to use around the house when I don't feel like grabbing my MacBook Pro.

Appleluver23

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't purchased an iPad yet, but will most likely pick up the second generation model when it's released. I think it'd be great to use around the house when I don't feel like grabbing my MacBook Pro.

I think it will be cool to use it so I don't have to always reach for my macbook pro as well. I decided to skip the first ipad and I told one of my friends to do the same because 2nd generation tech is usually better. Every day that I hear news about the ipad 2 I get even more excited. I have already downloaded over 200 apps for it. I have an ipod touch 2g and it is started to feel really outdated so I truly want the ipad 2 to be released already!!!!!:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh