1. mtmjr90's Avatar
    Hey everyone,

    I'm yearning for an iPad and with Xmas right around the corner, I could very well end up with one in a week. But, having read all these articles around the web about the iPad 2 shipping in the next month or two, I'm having strong reservations. Just curious if anyone else is having the same problem or if anyone has any advice, thanks!

    -Mike
    12-17-2010 02:35 PM
  2. ChrisGonzales90's Avatar
    given its only a few months till the second generation ipad comes out, I'd wait unless you plan on selling it (trust me, there will be someone who would want the first generation if the second generation does not live up to their standards)
    bharrisuga likes this.
    12-17-2010 02:58 PM
  3. dukz's Avatar
    i would say if your are gonna hold up then it will be for atleast 4 month or more.

    we only have heard rumores about ipad 2. no official information.

    secondly when the ipad 2 comes out it will be buggy so its best to wait until the second batch comes out after release. that another month or so. so your looking about 5 month from now assuming they do have and ipad 2 ready for release.

    i would say go for an ipad now and when ipad 2 comes out sell of the ipad and buy the ipad 2.

    that my opinion.
    12-17-2010 04:52 PM
  4. ChrisGonzales90's Avatar
    buggy would mean software, but thats almost always fixed in a software update. Besides the iPhone, there was never a real issue with Apple hardware. Few minor progrmasm here and there, but almost always the hardware is flawless, unless you got a lemon.

    Yes its "rumores" but theres no dobut that there will be an iPad 2.
    12-17-2010 05:01 PM
  5. dfine1966's Avatar
    I am hearing iPad released from Foxconn in February to Apple. Apple will do final checks on software and any other problems. It is said to be released in April. Supposedly what the new version will have is the retina screen, dual camera's, and a bigger processor, more memory (128 GB) and some other minor updates. There was one rumor of a regular usb connection added for flash drives. Again a lot is speculation, but the April has been what I have been hearing all along. So if you want to wait till April to get one, that is up to you.
    Last edited by dfine1966; 12-17-2010 at 06:19 PM.
    12-17-2010 06:07 PM
  6. ChrisGonzales90's Avatar
    "Retna display" won't happen. Though I could see them added a higher color screen in.

    The whole USB deal is to please the British since they want everything to be the same. From what I heard Jobs is not too happy about it (just one more reason why its bad for the goverment to stick their nose in to technology or have say on what you can and can't do)
    12-17-2010 08:04 PM
  7. Mella's Avatar
    mtmjr90, well, there really will be an iPad 2 released, but as said, there has no official information, though news said that Foxconn would start shipping to Apple in February, so we'll get the real iPad 2 till April at least or later.
    So if I were u, I would keep the one now and wait then untill the 2Gen out, sell it.
    12-17-2010 09:41 PM
  8. andrewp23's Avatar
    Hey everyone,

    I'm yearning for an iPad and with Xmas right around the corner, I could very well end up with one in a week. But, having read all these articles around the web about the iPad 2 shipping in the next month or two, I'm having strong reservations. Just curious if anyone else is having the same problem or if anyone has any advice, thanks!

    -Mike
    i am having the EXCACT same problem and i dont know what to do! its killing me because im so tempted to get one if only there was some official information on the ipad 2.
    12-22-2010 12:06 PM
  9. jdw300's Avatar
    I am waiting to see the real features of the Ipad2. But I will probably get a 1st gen Ipad because they are so cool. Also what the price of the Ipad 2 is going to be and see if Apple drops the price of the 1st gen. I have been patient this long I think I can hold out a little longer.
    12-22-2010 12:53 PM
  10. andrewp23's Avatar
    I am waiting to see the real features of the Ipad2. But I will probably get a 1st gen Ipad because they are so cool. Also what the price of the Ipad 2 is going to be and see if Apple drops the price of the 1st gen. I have been patient this long I think I can hold out a little longer.
    tht does seem like the smartest thing to do but im not sure i can resist not getting the ipad its wicked!
    12-22-2010 05:12 PM
  11. deadp1xel's Avatar
    I'd wait. I'm in the same position though. I sold my first one because I got bored with it, but I really miss it. I hope the new one will have a price drop considering the pricing on the galaxy tab.
    12-25-2010 02:39 AM
  12. kingston's Avatar
    I'm holding out for iPad 2. Will Steve give it a front camera?
    12-25-2010 03:44 AM
  13. applefrenzy's Avatar
    Advising all my friends and family to wait.
    12-27-2010 02:47 PM
  14. TampaDude's Avatar
    "Retina display" won't happen. Though I could see them added a higher color screen in.
    Don't be too sure about that. The next generation iPad will likely have a much higher resolution display, and will almost certainly have a front-facing camera for Facetime, etc.

    I'd wait for the iPad 2.
    12-27-2010 04:39 PM
  15. ChrisGonzales90's Avatar
    Don't be too sure about that. The next generation iPad will likely have a much higher resolution display, and will almost certainly have a front-facing camera for Facetime, etc.

    I'd wait for the iPad 2.
    Again for a retina display they will need to have a resolution thats higher then the current 27" imac and that is a 16:9 and we all know Apples love/hate for 16:9
    12-27-2010 05:50 PM
  16. Raptor007's Avatar
    Wait for the used market to drop further on 1st Gen iPads and pick one up until you are ready for a 2nd Gen. Seriously skipping a model year isn't going to be that big of a deal. If you have an iPhone you have facetime already. Now if Apple would only live up to their original announcement of allowing facetime be a bit more open, but I know Apple doesn't make money on the service (which they could) they make money on the hardware. Licensing the API to Skype and Fring would bring more revenue for those who will NOT switch platforms.
    01-02-2011 05:11 PM
  17. ChrisGonzales90's Avatar
    Wait for the used market to drop further on 1st Gen iPads and pick one up until you are ready for a 2nd Gen. Seriously skipping a model year isn't going to be that big of a deal. If you have an iPhone you have facetime already. Now if Apple would only live up to their original announcement of allowing facetime be a bit more open, but I know Apple doesn't make money on the service (which they could) they make money on the hardware. Licensing the API to Skype and Fring would bring more revenue for those who will NOT switch platforms.
    Thats one os the reasons I think thatserver farm is being bulit. They will have a facetime website where you can facetime stream video over the air much like QUK. Perhaps a paid service for facetime that will allow you to get special features? I don't think facetime will always be basic. Not when other 3rd party services offer much more rich features.
    01-02-2011 06:06 PM
  18. west3man's Avatar
    mtmjr90, well, there really will be an iPad 2 released, but as said, there has no official information, though news said that Foxconn would start shipping to Apple in February, so we'll get the real iPad 2 till April at least or later.
    So if I were u, I would keep the one now and wait then untill the 2Gen out, sell it.
    Seconded, my friend!
    01-03-2011 11:23 AM
  19. MobileMania's Avatar
    If you really need it then get the iPad now and indeed, the iPad 2 release is still a rumor. You can always sell it anyway.
    01-05-2011 09:27 AM
  20. whmurray's Avatar
    At best, the iPad 2 is vaporware (no announcement, no price, no delivery date, no one taking orders), at worst mere wishful thinking. I never recommend that one wait for another generation. If and when Apple offers another product competitive with the iPad, I will buy it. Some lucky niece or nephew will get the old one.

    Enjoy now, upgrade later.
    01-05-2011 12:33 PM
  21. jhamilton3's Avatar
    I would definitely wait.

    iPad 2 is almost like a given thing.. in a sense it will definitely be announced in the next few months with VERY improved features (retina display, etc).

    Why get the 1st generation now, and then suffer when trying to resell or waste your money giving it away?
    01-05-2011 05:49 PM
  22. thinkTwice's Avatar
    Although I have an iPad now and am so happy with it that I don't care about the iPad 2- if it ain't broke, don't fix it kinda attitude. I'd wait since it should be released soon. If you can, get the newest.
    01-05-2011 06:55 PM
  23. cardfan's Avatar
    I would definitely wait.

    iPad 2 is almost like a given thing.. in a sense it will definitely be announced in the next few months with VERY improved features (retina display, etc).

    Why get the 1st generation now, and then suffer when trying to resell or waste your money giving it away?
    Please stop with the retina display. That's very doubtful.
    01-05-2011 07:24 PM
  24. appshopper's Avatar
    I am waiting to see the real features of the Ipad2. But I will probably get a 1st gen Ipad because they are so cool. Also what the price of the Ipad 2 is going to be and see if Apple drops the price of the 1st gen. I have been patient this long I think I can hold out a little longer.
    me too, agree absolutly
    01-05-2011 11:59 PM
  25. jhamilton3's Avatar
    Please stop with the retina display. That's very doubtful.
    Obviously you have not been reading the numerous respectable & credible sites that have reported there will be a retina display or enhanced display on the next iPad.
    01-08-2011 10:45 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD