iPad 2 wishlist

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I did a search and couldn't find anything so if this has been posted, then I apologize.

I thought I'd create a topic for an iPad 2 wish list. I received my current 64GB iPad Wi-Fi only model as a gift last spring. I love it, and with 4.2 I fell it?s going to be a lot better.

But we all have a felling come spring 2011 the iPad 2 will come out. Here are some of my things I hope to see on the list. Note none of them are in order.

1. Faster processor + 512MB of ram

No brainier here. I have a felling the iOS 5 for iPad will support multi user log in, so a faster processor and more memory would be needed. Plus with multi-tasking and streaming (iTunes streaming in Sept. 2011????) it would be a welcome addition.

2. Front camera only

I see no point in having a rear camera. Front camera would be great for facetime and possible 3rd party chat programs

3. SD Card reader

not a biggie, but it would be nice to have one and not have to buy an overpriced adapter

4. New design

Yes, the current design is nice. But I often set the iPad down flat on table and I get the wobble effect each time I touch the screen. Flat back. More iPhone 4 like design.

5. Haptic Feedback

With an option to turn it off of course

6. GSM/CDMA dual band option

Recently there was an article stating a possible dual band option for the iPad. I think this is a great idea, as long as all carriers have the option as pay as you go

7. Smaller Bezel.
Yes, I know the bezel is used for your hands, but to me, it seems like wasted space.

8. PHYSICAL ORENTION LOCK SWITCH.
Nuff said. Even an option to toggle it as a mute switch would be fine, just give us the PHYSICAL ORENTION LOCK SWITCH!

9. If possible, more colors or higher res screen.

Not sure if this could be done,. But I would love to see a bit more color added to the screen or even a higher res. I know Retina won?t happen for some time, but more colors would be welcomed change, but not a major requirement.

I'll add more later if I come up with more, but what are some of your wishlists?

jeffskent

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Good start at a wanted list. I would ask for a combination plastic/carbon fiber case. Much stronger, but much lighter as well.

My biggest want is the ability to have video out capability always available so I could use the iPad for games, movies, photos, or anything else on a large screen tv. I know it is available in limited format now.:)

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I was going to add. Knowing Apple they will add their mini display port that they said, back in 2008 will be a "insrestery standard" Hasn't happens yet. I think they should just add a mini HDMI port.

of course Apple will do the Air play but that's limited to Apple TV. What about those who don't see the need for Apple TV? hm,mmm

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Stereo speakers - while the ipad does put out great sound, sometimes it's a little hard to hear Netflix and the like.

Wireless-N

Landscape kickstand - Only if they can make it look good and fit perfectly with the design of the device... Which is silly to even say as apple hasn't released an ugly product in a very long time.

Stronger screen... Ala gorilla glass. I try my best to baby my iPad but, as they say, **** happens. I have a few very small scratches on the screen and bezel and a few even smaller ones (most likely from wiping the screen) that you have to hold it at the perfect angle to see. Would be awesome to not have to worry about this.

On top of what you already said that's what I would like to see!

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I was going to add. Knowing Apple they will add their mini display port that they said, back in 2008 will be a "insrestery standard" Hasn't happens yet. I think they should just add a mini HDMI port.

of course Apple will do the Air play but that's limited to Apple TV. What about those who don't see the need for Apple TV? hm,mmm

Oh and I totally agree with you about the display port... I really hope they just use mini hdmi instead of some proprietary bs... But knowing apple...

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Stereo speakers - while the ipad does put out great sound, sometimes it's a little hard to hear Netflix and the like.

Wireless-N

Landscape kickstand - Only if they can make it look good and fit perfectly with the design of the device... Which is silly to even say as apple hasn't released an ugly product in a very long time.

Stronger screen... Ala gorilla glass. I try my best to baby my iPad but, as they say, **** happens. I have a few very small scratches on the screen and bezel and a few even smaller ones (most likely from wiping the screen) that you have to hold it at the perfect angle to see. Would be awesome to not have to worry about this.

I thoughtn it already supported Wireless N?

The kick stand on the EVO doesnt look that bad, but I think to Apple, a kick stand would be like the handle they had on the first generation iBook.

and agreed on the glass.

Oh and I totally agree with you about the display port... I really hope they just use mini hdmi instead of some proprietary bs... But knowing apple...

Yeah. The only way Apple is ever going to make it standard is if they come out with a TV. (and I mean a REAL TV. Not this $99 black box, but even then there wont be any ports. Since It will be like that $99 black box, but with a screen and cost $1000-$2000 more.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I did a search and couldn't find anything so if this has been posted, then I apologize.

I thought I'd create a topic for an iPad 2 wish list. I received my current 64GB iPad Wi-Fi only model as a gift last spring. I love it, and with 4.2 I fell it?s going to be a lot better.

But we all have a felling come spring 2011 the iPad 2 will come out. Here are some of my things I hope to see on the list. Note none of them are in order.

1. Faster processor + 512MB of ram

No brainier here. I have a felling the iOS 5 for iPad will support multi user log in, so a faster processor and more memory would be needed. Plus with multi-tasking and streaming (iTunes streaming in Sept. 2011????) it would be a welcome addition.

2. Front camera only

I see no point in having a rear camera. Front camera would be great for facetime and possible 3rd party chat programs

3. SD Card reader

not a biggie, but it would be nice to have one and not have to buy an overpriced adapter

4. New design

Yes, the current design is nice. But I often set the iPad down flat on table and I get the wobble effect each time I touch the screen. Flat back. More iPhone 4 like design.

5. Haptic Feedback

With an option to turn it off of course

6. GSM/CDMA dual band option

Recently there was an article stating a possible dual band option for the iPad. I think this is a great idea, as long as all carriers have the option as pay as you go

7. Smaller Bezel.
Yes, I know the bezel is used for your hands, but to me, it seems like wasted space.

8. PHYSICAL ORENTION LOCK SWITCH.
Nuff said. Even an option to toggle it as a mute switch would be fine, just give us the PHYSICAL ORENTION LOCK SWITCH!

9. If possible, more colors or higher res screen.

Not sure if this could be done,. But I would love to see a bit more color added to the screen or even a higher res. I know Retina won?t happen for some time, but more colors would be welcomed change, but not a major requirement.

I'll add more later if I come up with more, but what are some of your wishlists?

I would LOVE to have a blue or orange iPad. That would be awesome. I really like the specs you posted and don't really have much to add. Another poster mentioned gorilla glass and I agree that would also be nice. I'm not big on carbon fiber however. I think it would make the iPad look tacky. Haptic feed back is a good one though. That would be great for the games. I would also like some sort of video out.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would LOVE to have a blue or orange iPad. That would be awesome. I really like the specs you posted and don't really have much to add. Another poster mentioned gorilla glass and I agree that would also be nice. I'm not big on carbon fiber however. I think it would make the iPad look tacky. Haptic feed back is a good one though. That would be great for the games. I would also like some sort of video out.

The colors thing was actually for the screen. More colors means more vivlid pictures, text and graphics.

though a transparent ipad wouldn't be bad eirther :p

jk

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The colors thing was actually for the screen. More colors means more vivlid pictures, text and graphics.

though a transparent ipad wouldn't be bad eirther :p

jk

Oh sorry for the miss-read lol. I'm a student and finals are nearing. I still think "nano-chromatic" iPads would be awesome, even though it would probably be far too expensive for apple to make. I definitely agree that the iPad needs a better screen. I can really notice a difference when I go from iPhone to iPad. Granted, a "retina" display for the iPad is probably very expensive, but even if they just upped the resolution it would be a welcome improvement.

EDIT: Also, I would like to see upped capacity. I would really like more available space for photos, video and music.

Last edited:

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Wireless-N

Agree, but either mine is N or it's doing a heck of an optimization job on non-N.

I think the stand issue is better handled by the case. I have the inexpensive Apple case which turns the iPad into a stand up form or a netbook form for easy typing.

IMO, lack of FLASH is some sort of Apple arrogance which let Android get dominant market share. Enough. Not invented here isn't going to fly any more, guys.

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I just checked out the iPads specs on apples official specs page

It is in fact wifi b/g/n.
I understand the flash issue, but I for one don't really care for it. I visit a site with flash on it maybe once a year or two... On accident.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh sorry for the miss-read lol. I'm a student and finals are nearing. I still think "nano-chromatic" iPads would be awesome, even though it would probably be far too expensive for apple to make. I definitely agree that the iPad needs a better screen. I can really notice a difference when I go from iPhone to iPad. Granted, a "retina" display for the iPad is probably very expensive, but even if they just upped the resolution it would be a welcome improvement.

EDIT: Also, I would like to see upped capacity. I would really like more available space for photos, video and music.

No it was my falut. I wasn't clear. :eek:

It would be expensive to have colors besides sliver. Plus the Nano is aimed at the young kids, so having colors would be good for that.

I said added color to the screen since a "Retna" display would still be too much. More colors + 1024x768 would be ideal and the second best thing.

zisel77

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I personally would like a 7 inch Ipad. I think the Ipad is slightly too big and think the Ipod touch is too small. I think a half way point is a good idea. Especially if it costs less.
But, in other side, the big screen ipad help me enjoy my videos on ipad. I am sticking with my iPad with so many vidoes. When I back home, I would watching all kinds of videos with my boyfriend. I think others will do the same once they try it and realize it is the perfect personal computer :)
So, I prefer the big screen ipad. By the way, To watch all kinds of videos and movies on ipad, we should thanks be to God, ahaa, just a joke. we should thanks to iFunia. this third party supplies the best ipad video converter so that we can save all kinds of vidoes on ipad.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
the Precentral forums has a feature where when u enter the title of a new thread, it automatically searches for similar threads so u dont double post, which is nice. Wish that was applied here.

What do u guys think about this idea? In the dark, I can forget which way I'm holding my iPad and it'll take me a second to find the home buttons or the volume. What if the square on the home button was an led light? And what if there was a small led light on the bezel, either a power symbol next to the power button, or volume next to the the rocker. I know its not the most aesthetically pleasing thing, so I'd be able to turn the led lights off. I don't use the mute often, so I was thinking that the mute switch could toggle the LEDs on or off (sense I guess apple doesn't mind changing it's functionality)

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Twin display like the Nintendo DS would be cool...

no. Just no.

What do u guys think about this idea? In the dark, I can forget which way I'm holding my iPad and it'll take me a second to find the home buttons or the volume. What if the square on the home button was an led light? And what if there was a small led light on the bezel, either a power symbol next to the power button, or volume next to the the rocker. I know its not the most aesthetically pleasing thing, so I'd be able to turn the led lights off. I don't use the mute often, so I was thinking that the mute switch could toggle the LEDs on or off (sense I guess apple doesn't mind changing it's functionality)

I like it, but we all know Apple. It will never happen.

I could see that toggle off be placed in settings

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Retina display and Im buying it straight away!!!!

an optional retina would be fine for price concerns. Add a hundred or two for the retinal option.

I want a kick stand for ipad. I might have to buy a 3rd party one here. If it came n the ipad, I'd like a sideways kickstand, like a picture frame, for either portrait or landscape, not just landscape.

what about also a small hole in the back to hang it on a wall?

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the Apple case. This allows either an upright stance or a typing stance making the iPad a decent note taker and very comfortable to type on.

If we got a wall display, then we'd need a remote....etc.

Clearly, IMO, when comparing the iPad to the iPhone 4, the phone's display is what really makes it wonderful. Oh, yeah, also gorilla glass in the iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen