iPad 2 wishlist

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
if they make the ipad with high resolution screen like iphone4 or better, add a camera, better sound and processor....as well as multitasking

and, a slightly larger frame, without the wasted black space..maybe less..

i would buy. otherwise i'm fine alternating between my macpro and iphone.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Right solution is switch is programmable to either mute or rotate lock.

Exactly. A simple settings option

Hope not? I don't care for the nano itself, but it feels more like a gimmick to control orientation via accelerometer.

I disagree. Orientation lock on the side seems more logical as you can have an option to lock it, rather have to worry about moving your fingers around whjen you are doing multitouch in other programs.

PREferred#IM

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I did a search and couldn't find anything so if this has been posted, then I apologize.

I thought I'd create a topic for an iPad 2 wish list. I received my current 64GB iPad Wi-Fi only model as a gift last spring. I love it, and with 4.2 I fell it?s going to be a lot better.

But we all have a felling come spring 2011 the iPad 2 will come out. Here are some of my things I hope to see on the list. Note none of them are in order.

1. Faster processor + 512MB of ram

No brainier here. I have a felling the iOS 5 for iPad will support multi user log in, so a faster processor and more memory would be needed. Plus with multi-tasking and streaming (iTunes streaming in Sept. 2011????) it would be a welcome addition.

2. Front camera only

I see no point in having a rear camera. Front camera would be great for facetime and possible 3rd party chat programs

3. SD Card reader

not a biggie, but it would be nice to have one and not have to buy an overpriced adapter

4. New design

Yes, the current design is nice. But I often set the iPad down flat on table and I get the wobble effect each time I touch the screen. Flat back. More iPhone 4 like design.

5. Haptic Feedback

With an option to turn it off of course

6. GSM/CDMA dual band option

Recently there was an article stating a possible dual band option for the iPad. I think this is a great idea, as long as all carriers have the option as pay as you go

7. Smaller Bezel.
Yes, I know the bezel is used for your hands, but to me, it seems like wasted space.

8. PHYSICAL ORENTION LOCK SWITCH.
Nuff said. Even an option to toggle it as a mute switch would be fine, just give us the PHYSICAL ORENTION LOCK SWITCH!

9. If possible, more colors or higher res screen.

Not sure if this could be done,. But I would love to see a bit more color added to the screen or even a higher res. I know Retina won?t happen for some time, but more colors would be welcomed change, but not a major requirement.

I'll add more later if I come up with more, but what are some of your wishlists?

What he said. :)

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. A simple settings option

I disagree. Orientation lock on the side seems more logical as you can have an option to lock it, rather have to worry about moving your fingers around whjen you are doing multitouch in other programs.

To satisfy as many people as possible, I think both should be options. And maybe multi touch screen rotate, when on, could be limited by app. I understand that it could mess up a game or something else, maybe devs could choose weather to include it. I think it would be good for all stock apps and the home screen.

The most annoying thing to me is trying to use the ipad on it's side. To lock it a certain way, u have to put it upright in whatever orientation u want, lock it, then bring it back sideways. And that's at least a third of my use case.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Had a thought: it would be nice to have two programs up, side by side while in landscape. With my tablet PC I would have a PDF on one half and a note taking program open in the other half. With the iPad I can only do one at a time so I have to have a separate notebook when reading articles I want to take notes about.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To satisfy as many people as possible, I think both should be options. And maybe multi touch screen rotate, when on, could be limited by app. I understand that it could mess up a game or something else, maybe devs could choose weather to include it. I think it would be good for all stock apps and the home screen.

The most annoying thing to me is trying to use the ipad on it's side. To lock it a certain way, u have to put it upright in whatever orientation u want, lock it, then bring it back sideways. And that's at least a third of my use case.

you really have to take a look at ALL users, not just those who want gestures and "cool" eye candy. Do a certain percentage of iPad users want or even care for that stuff, or do they want a product that just works.

and as far as I know, the iPad works all four ways you don't need it to be placed a certain way to "lock it"

Had a thought: it would be nice to have two programs up, side by side while in landscape. With my tablet PC I would have a PDF on one half and a note taking program open in the other half. With the iPad I can only do one at a time so I have to have a separate notebook when reading articles I want to take notes about.

that may happen once dual core comes in to play,

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I was thinking just the same thing while using my pad last weekend. We have the screen real estate to use a split screen in landscape and, gee, portrait too if it's split top / bottom. It would also be a good sales point that the iPad has the room for two screens at once where the smaller Android tabs like the Galaxy does not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2