iPad 2 wishlist

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
an optional retina would be fine for price concerns. Add a hundred or two for the retinal option.

I want a kick stand for ipad. I might have to buy a 3rd party one here. If it came n the ipad, I'd like a sideways kickstand, like a picture frame, for either portrait or landscape, not just landscape.

what about also a small hole in the back to hang it on a wall?

My EVO has a kick stand and its handy if you want to watch a movie and not hold the device.

to be honest, I think the handle on any iDevice would be what happen to the first iBook (The laptop that was replaced by the white Macbook)

50555747.jpg

Retina display and Im buying it straight away!!!!

Remember. Retina display is just Apple's word of a "higher resolution" screen. It will would be costly to do.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
If we got a wall display, then we'd need a remote....etc.
no remote. I wasn't thinking of it in a tv or long range sense, more of a calendar on a wall or recipes on the fridge (which there r all ready mounts for).
Make it easy to remove from the wall, but something anyone passing it can do something on, like check or add to the family calendar app.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
My wants are like most on here. A flat back to sit down without the wobble, a front facing camera, and Retina Display.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I think we can toss the retina display out as no way in V2. It'd take something like a res of 2600 x 2000 to achieve on an iPad. What else has that? Nothing I know of & no way can it be produced to sell for iPad pricing - at least today.

What will you do with a front facing camera except then want a phone inside?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think we can toss the retina display out as no way in V2. It'd take something like a res of 2600 x 2000 to achieve on an iPad. What else has that? Nothing I know of & no way can it be produced to sell for iPad pricing - at least today.

What will you do with a front facing camera except then want a phone inside?

video chat, Video conferencing (assuming Apple approves that)

The iPad will NOT get a phone app. Want a phone, then get the iPhone.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I want to be able to borrow library books and read them on the iPad. Many public libraries use the Overdrive services which don't allow for ebooks to work on the iPad. It would be nice for Apple to work with Overdrive to find an alternative solution for the eBooks. Only the audiobooks currently work on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Oh and I totally agree with you about the display port... I really hope they just use mini hdmi instead of some proprietary bs... But knowing apple...
I agree. Proprietary interfaces add a great deal to the cost and inconvenience of buying Apple.

yoonice

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't own an ipad but i'm looking into one so i really don't have much of a wish list. However, I ran into someone who owns a kpad (nade in korea) and it's so much lighter and is made in smaller dimensions. It seems more convenient to carry around and utilize it with more comfort.

mtnmedic

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I like Chris's original post full of ideas. I agree with everything. More colours would be uber-cool. Hey, if Microsoft can do it for the Zune HD Originals (using brushed anodized aluminum), why not Apple? I'd pay the extra bucks to have a blue iPad!

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
agreed th op's ideas, what's I looking forward to is thinner, lighter, and with the camera, of course Facetime video chat support, hmm, a rear-facing camera capable of shooting video and high-definition photos is Great, and actually hope flash support, but I know that's impossible, so more videos out...

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I actually think they should just forget auto orientation change, basically just have it always locked, and get rod of hardware and software lock buttons. It frustrates me when it changed the orientation when I don't want it to. I think it should be controlled by multitouch rotation. Not as fast if your holding the iPad regularly and wan a change orientation, but I think it's better than dealing with the lock and it rotating on you when it shouldn't.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I like how you can rotate images in the photo app. Idk why that hasn't been implemented throughout the os. I think I heard it's throughout the touch nano*? Do u think it's coming to all iOS devices?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hope not. The 6th generation nano is a sad excuse for a product. Sure it looks cool, but wheres the fincationalty. could main stream users work it? would they even know about it? Couild they do it easy? Idk. I know if you get too much multi touch then the product will become gimmicky

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Hope not. The 6th generation nano is a sad excuse for a product. Sure it looks cool, but wheres the fincationalty. could main stream users work it? would they even know about it? Couild they do it easy? Idk. I know if you get too much multi touch then the product will become gimmicky

Hope not? I don't care for the nano itself, but it feels more like a gimmick to control orientation via accelerometer.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My iPad 2

*Faster Processor, More RAM

As the OP said.

*Both Front and Rear Cameras

I'm sure it won't cost much to add both, and besides the competition has both. You never know when it might be useful.

*Stereo Speakers

=Better Sound

*HDMI out

For netflix and movie support.

*Wireless N

*Better Multitasking for iPad, would be nicer considering the screen size.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73