iPad 2 - This is what I want/need.

jphoman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 6614
iPad 2 - FaceTime, iOS 4.2, Front Camera, Back Camera w/ flash (Bonus), Slimmer.

The iPad 1 is awesome. I am saying that as of now it is not practical in my life yet. Give me FaceTime, and it will be the perfect product along with iOS 4.2!

What you guys think?

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Sounds reasonable. That's probably all its going to be anyway (maybe a faster processor or more RAM). In which case I might consider getting one.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My iPad 2 Wish list:

1. FaceTime (a given, or so I assume..)
2. Rear Camera, hopefully a good one with flash.
3. Retina Display
4.128 GB
5. Faster processor, even though the a4 is plenty fast.
6 More Memory.
7. USB port.

And can we PLEASE have more apps to get work done? I would LOVE a iWeb app, GarageBand app, and full-powered iWork Suite.

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
My iPad 2 Wish list:

1. FaceTime (a given, or so I assume..)
2. Rear Camera, hopefully a good one with flash.
3. Retina Display
4.128 GB
5. Faster processor, even though the a4 is plenty fast.
6 More Memory.
7. USB port.

And can we PLEASE have more apps to get work done? I would LOVE a iWeb app, GarageBand app, and full-powered iWork Suite.

I think that adding a USB port will just make the iPad thicker, and apple will defiantly not move backwards in that area. I agree with everything else though. My only concern is that there will be a huge price increase

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think that adding a USB port will just make the iPad thicker, and apple will defiantly not move backwards in that area. I agree with everything else though. My only concern is that there will be a huge price increase

I doubt it. If anything, I think they will make a smaller galaxy-tab sized version so that they can have a cheaper model. I REALLY hope they make a galaxy-tab sized iPad with facetime. God that would be great.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I really like they the current size.. the Galaxy just seems a bit too small for me.

Of course I've always been a big supporter of a larger iPhone ;)

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Retina display + more RAM is really all I could want and its not even a huge deal. No need for a camera or facetime really, my iphone will do that.

Appleluver23

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I really like they the current size.. the Galaxy just seems a bit too small for me.

Of course I've always been a big supporter of a larger iPhone ;)

I don't like the size of the Galaxy either. It's too small for me personally. I would love to see a slightly bigger iphone around 4 inches would be cool, but not really necessary. I held off on buying the first ipad because I really feel like the second one is going to be improved and it will hopefully have a camera and facetime. It's so hard though when I see all these cool apps for it...:(

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
some people think that apple will try to make 2 different sizes for there next release... i say ehhh not likely, what do you think?

jphoman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I doubt they make another size of iPad. They did countless hours of research for the current size. And as for the software, itd have to be written different for smaller size. Also apps would be compressed if their iPad native apps. Kind of like the blown up iPhone apps on an iPad. Just my thoughts tho.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see the point in buying another iPad until it can do more things my laptop can. I mean all it can really do well is browse the web, and that's why I have a iPhone to begin with. I would like to be smaller simply because it looks sort of ridiculous to use in a public setting, i.e. on a bus/train, or in class.

anon(536616)

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
I agree with the OP except I would add one thing...ability to connect to a projector out to the box. I often have to connect to a projector to display PowerPoints (Keynotes) or show videos. It would be nice if this was something the iPad did without having to purchase an accessory.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the OP except I would add one thing...ability to connect to a projector out to the box. I often have to connect to a projector to display PowerPoints (Keynotes) or show videos. It would be nice if this was something the iPad did without having to purchase an accessory.

agreed! i hate working in keynote then having to export it to show it

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
agreed! i hate working in keynote then having to export it to show it
...except, like Rob said, you don't have to export. You could use an accessory to connect the iPad to a projector/external monitor.

Whether you should HAVE to pay extra for this option is another story, but I from the way your post read, I wasn't sure if you realized there was an accessory for that.

"There's an acc for that.". Yeah, that's awful. Nevermind. :p

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see the point in buying another iPad until it can do more things my laptop can. I mean all it can really do well is browse the web, and that's why I have a iPhone to begin with. I would like to be smaller simply because it looks sort of ridiculous to use in a public setting, i.e. on a bus/train, or in class.

Are you forgetting the thousands of apps it can run?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods