specs alone are an iPad killer thats for sure! it looks awesome which is shocking from RIM.
    I agree, it is pretty cool for RIM. However, by the time this thing is released, the iPad 2 will be out. I really think they should have had this out by the holiday season and cut into Apple's sales if they wanted a chance.

I mean think about it, you know Apple was probably watching the event. I'm sure if the PlayBook had a feature or two that the iPad 2 currently didn't, they still have plenty of time to add it in and release a next generation iPad that will make the brand new PlayBook obsolete.
    09-28-2010 04:27 AM
    I agree, it is pretty cool for RIM. However, by the time this thing is released, the iPad 2 will be out. I really think they should have had this out by the holiday season and cut into Apple's sales if they wanted a chance.

I mean think about it, you know Apple was probably watching the event. I'm sure if the PlayBook had a feature or two that the iPad 2 currently didn't, they still have plenty of time to add it in and release a next generation iPad that will make the brand new PlayBook obsolete.
    Apple comes out on top again
    Apple: the company that can't be beat
    09-28-2010 04:40 AM
    Apple comes out on top again
    Apple: the company that can't be beat
    I can honestly say that I believe that had RIM announced this device in, say July, with a planned release in late October, that they could have had a chance. I really think they missed their window with this, and I'm sure that iPad 2 is going to be everything that the first iPad should have been. Meaning dual cameras, flash on the rear camera, retina display?, etc, etc.
    09-28-2010 06:37 AM
    I think competition is good, it will make the next Apple product even better.

I agree with MsEYE though, it needs to be released like holiday time. Releasing it at the same time as the iPad 2 is going to make it harder for them to make a big splash with it.
    09-28-2010 10:56 AM
    My wife wants an iPad. I told her to wait until the new model comes out. Hopefully, it will have a retina display. After using the iPhone 4, you get spoiled...everything else looks blurry by comparison.
    09-28-2010 11:33 AM
    Sounds reasonable. That's probably all its going to be anyway (maybe a faster processor or more RAM). In which case I might consider getting one.
    Yeah, better perfomance is the most important thing that iPad needs.
    09-29-2010 10:52 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD