RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
17c15978c89f0a8329392f890344a8ea.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just finished installing it and discovered an App Clip for Tik Tok had installed itself. I immediately deleted the app clip and then changed the password associated with my App Store Apple ID just in case. After that, I went into the settings to disable the use of App Clips.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just finished installing it and discovered an App Clip for Tik Tok had installed itself. I immediately deleted the app clip and then changed the password associated with my App Store Apple ID just in case. After that, I went into the settings to disable the use of App Clips.

I've never used Tik Tok or App Clips. Maybe I should delete App Clips. Surely Apple wouldn't allow anything nafarious in App Clips.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here’s a detailed roundup of some of the major changes in iOS 16.1 so far:

Live Activities: Live Activities help you stay on top of things that are happening in real-time, right from your Lock Screen.

Live Activities API: Follow an ongoing sports game, track the progress of your ride, or order with just a glance. Glance at Live Activities from your favorite third-party apps with the new developer API.

Apple Wallet app can be deleted: iOS 16.1 now lets users delete the Wallet app for the first time. As you’d expect, deleting the Wallet app means you won’t be able to use a number of different features, including Apple Pay, Apple Cash, and Apple Card.

Matter support: Matter is a new smart home connectivity standard that will enable compatible accessories to work together seamlessly, across platforms.

iCloud Shared Photo Library: A new way for families to share photos seamlessly with a separate iCloud library that up to six users can collaborate on, contribute to, and enjoy. Users can choose to share existing photos from their personal libraries or share based on a start date or people in the photos.

Clean Energy Charging: Clean Energy Charging aims to decrease the carbon footprint of the iPhone by optimizing charging times for when the grid is using cleaner energy sources.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never used Tik Tok or App Clips. Maybe I should delete App Clips. Surely Apple wouldn't allow anything nafarious in App Clips.
I don’t use Tik Tok either and that is why I was caught off-guard when I saw it in the App Library after the iOS updated was complete. I initially thought the Tik Tok app itself has been nefarious I love you installed and then I realized it was an App Clip. I did a web search and learned the same App Clip somehow got installed on other people’s iPhones earlier this year and even before.

if I didn’t install it then I don’t want to see it. Know what I mean?

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Clips app was on my new iPhone 14 pro out of the box. Think is one of those default apps.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
rlacrossjr;[URL="tel:3294423" said:
3294423[/URL]]Clips app was on my new iPhone 14 pro out of the box. Think is one of those default apps.

Oh okay and thanks for the follow up. I can’t recall seeing it when I got my iPhone 14 Pro. I restored with a backup while at the Apple Store, but then I restored as new with the latest dev beta at the time when I got home. In the meantime, have an awesome rest of your day.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh okay and thanks for the follow up. I can’t recall seeing it when I got my iPhone 14 Pro. I restored with a backup while at the Apple Store, but then I restored as new with the latest dev beta at the time when I got home. In the meantime, have an awesome rest of your day.

App Clips was added onto my 12 Pro Max at some point. I never downloaded it. Nor have I used it. Sounds like Tik Tok was a glitch. A clip showing in the App Clips app should be nothing to worry about. Not the same as the Tik Tok app.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Think this been doing this for some time. Anyone know how to fix apple mail app with multiple accounts. Is I select all in all mailboxes then unselect couple I want to keep. It will do that, but the next time I check those ones I wanted to keep are now trashed also.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Think this been doing this for some time. Anyone know how to fix apple mail app with multiple accounts. Is I select all in all mailboxes then unselect couple I want to keep. It will do that, but the next time I check those ones I wanted to keep are now trashed also.

Try doing each email account separate, rather than All inboxes. How many is "multiple"? I've never had this issue, but I've never done it with All inboxes. I have 7.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
rlacrossjr;[URL="tel:3294518" said:
3294518[/URL]]Think this been doing this for some time. Anyone know how to fix apple mail app with multiple accounts. Is I select all in all mailboxes then unselect couple I want to keep. It will do that, but the next time I check those ones I wanted to keep are now trashed also.

My mailboxes are displayed in this manner:

Today
Unread
All Sent
All Trash
All Inboxes

if I select all of the mail in the “All Inboxes” section and then uncheck the ones I want to keep, and then select delete, all of the mail is deleted except the ones I kept. If I close out the Mail app and reopen it, the ones I kept are still in the inboxes.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Weird. Same thing happens when I go into just iCloud or gmail and select all unselect ones I don’t want deleted. Still deletes all.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Weird. Same thing happens when I go into just iCloud or gmail and select all unselect ones I don’t want deleted. Still deletes all.

Sent feedback. As I signed out of iCloud and uninstalled mail and signed back in and installed mail. Still deletes unselected mail.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping someone can assist. I am on the newest public beta and i was showing someone last night how to use the focus setting…. Well wish i didn’t because now I can’t seem to get it to not show that i have notifications silenced when someone texts me- the texts come in and i hear them…. I have tried turning it on and off. Tried rebooting many times, tried deleting focus profiles and re-adding. Tried activating one and having time elapse. Went into messages settings and turned off there.
Apple wont assist since i am on the beta which I think is BS but whatever…
I was thinking of restoring from a back up but not sure that will solve the problem.
Any insight is appreciated

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping someone can assist. I am on the newest public beta and i was showing someone last night how to use the focus setting…. Well wish i didn’t because now I can’t seem to get it to not show that i have notifications silenced when someone texts me- the texts come in and i hear them…. I have tried turning it on and off. Tried rebooting many times, tried deleting focus profiles and re-adding. Tried activating one and having time elapse. Went into messages settings and turned off there.
Apple wont assist since i am on the beta which I think is BS but whatever…
I was thinking of restoring from a back up but not sure that will solve the problem.
Any insight is appreciated

Hi phreddyl,

It’s been awhile. I hope you’re doing well. As for the Focus issue, if I understand correctly, you should be able to go to Settings → Focus → Focus Status and then disable the toggle next to “Share Focus Status”.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi phreddyl,

It’s been awhile. I hope you’re doing well. As for the Focus issue, if I understand correctly, you should be able to go to Settings → Focus → Focus Status and then disable the toggle next to “Share Focus Status”.

Hey D-
I am doing well thank you. Hope the same for you. Sadly I tried that…

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77