"Report Junk"

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Since IOS 16.0.1 every Message I receive then delete I receive a "Report Junk" dialogue box. This happens if the sender of the message I am deleting is not in my "Contacts" list. Is there a way to turn this off?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure. The only time I have seen this is when the iMessage is from an unknown sender. Personally, I am really liking the ability to report junk messages. I will try and find out if there's a way to disable this feature.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
"Report Junk"

I haven’t seen a way to disable the feature. I’m with Annie, I like the ability to report junk.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The problem I have is getting confirmation messages from companies like FedEx and UPS always trigger the box. I receive messages from my credit card company and again it’s a bit annoying to me. It’s just like when I go to delete a message from my wife who is a person in “Find my” I keep getting asked if I still want to continue to give my location to her. Thanks for the comments.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So what I have started to do is when I get those notifications from companies like UPS or FedEx is that I add that five digit number to my contacts and name it FedEx or UPS. This works because they seem to have unique but different different numbers. That way it’s in your contacts and you shouldn’t be able to get the option to report junk anymore.

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
So what I have started to do is when I get those notifications from companies like UPS or FedEx is that I add that five digit number to my contacts and name it FedEx or UPS. This works because they seem to have unique but different different numbers. That way it’s in your contacts and you shouldn’t be able to get the option to report junk anymore.

Great workaround Annie! Thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox