After updating my iPhone yesterday to iOS 16, I have finally been able to begin exploring. There are many new features that I am excited about, but the one I am most excited about is being able to create multi-stop rounds on Apple Maps!!!

What are some of your favorite new features?
    09-13-2022 12:06 PM
    After updating my iPhone yesterday to iOS 16, I have finally been able to begin exploring. There are many new features that I am excited about, but the one I am most excited about is being able to create multi-stop rounds on Apple Maps!!!

What are some of your favorite new features?
    Those multi stop rounds on Apple Maps are a blessing.
    For now I can’t think of any other favorite changes.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-13-2022 12:10 PM
    I appreciate the new lock Screen.

09-13-2022 12:22 PM
    Haptic feedback for the keyboard!

I’ve loved this on Android since…forever and glad we finally have it. If you keep your phone on silent (like I do) its a nice alternative to key clicks for typing feedback.
    09-13-2022 01:17 PM

I’ve loved this on Android since…forever and glad we finally have it. If you keep your phone on silent (like I do) its a nice alternative to key clicks for typing feedback.
    I am enjoying this as well!
    09-13-2022 01:36 PM
    Another find that I am thrilled about... when voice texting on iMessage, punctuation is automatic! I know longer have to say "question mark" or "exclamation mark" or "period"... that is SO NICE!
    09-13-2022 01:37 PM
    Another find that I am thrilled about... when voice texting on iMessage, punctuation is automatic! I know longer have to say "question mark" or "exclamation mark" or "period"... that is SO NICE!
    That’s great. So the machine learning can now tell when its an interrogative statement and add a question mark. “Progress, we have, smart, the iPhone is.” - Yoda
    Last edited by tadpoles; 09-13-2022 at 07:18 PM.
    09-13-2022 02:36 PM
    I really like the new lock screen features, and particularly that you can pair the photo in the lock screen with a blurred version for the Home Screen. I have some artwork now set up as a photo shuffle that changes every hour. Very cool.
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    09-13-2022 04:01 PM
    Lock Screen change is nice.
    I've changed my first typo in iMessage.
    This one isn't so much a specific feature but so far in my own experience the interface/interaction is a bit quicker and more fluid.
    09-13-2022 04:04 PM
    My 3 favourite features in iOS 16:
    • Multi-stop directions in Apple Maps
    • Focus mode filtering in Apple Mail.
      I don't want my work email to show up outside office hours, so this is is a blessing for my mental health
    • iMessage editing
      I do so many typos that just making that correction is so helpful.
    kataran likes this.
    09-13-2022 06:55 PM
    Another thing I've noticed is that while voice texting via CarPlay, Siri speaks with inflection.
    kataran and MrMars like this.
    09-14-2022 11:18 AM
    Notification Announcements are so good and we can pick which apps to announce as well messages. Works perfect

Battery Percentage

Keyboard Haptic. I really like this feature

Because of my illness I take a lot of meds and the new Health app Med feature is so well done and easy to use and combined with the notification announcements and drug interaction build in I don’t have to worry about missing my doses
    09-14-2022 11:37 AM
    I just realized that Visual look up now recognizes birds, insects, statues in addition to plants.
    tadpoles, turbochgd and kataran like this.
    09-14-2022 03:57 PM

Yep. The haptic feedback for the keyboard is indeed welcomed.
    09-14-2022 08:04 PM
    Wow. I’ve been staying the punctuation so long that I hadn’t even noticed. I’m definitely going to give it a try and see for myself.
    Annie_M, nikkisharif and bgl321 like this.
    09-14-2022 08:06 PM
    Wow. I’ve been staying the punctuation so long that I hadn’t even noticed. I’m definitely going to give it a try and see for myself.
    It works pretty good.
    09-14-2022 08:57 PM
    It works pretty good.
    I’m definitely going to give it a go. I often to use Siri to reply to text messages while I’m driving so I’ll start there.
    pr1nce likes this.
    09-14-2022 09:08 PM
    Seems to work great for me for questions/question marks. Haven’t hd great success with exclamation points yet.
    09-15-2022 07:25 AM

I just found the setting. Excellent! Any idea of the general impact of haptic on battery life?
    09-15-2022 07:28 AM
    No obvious bugs (so far) is nice. I'm having some Lock Screen fun. The standard keyboard is still really lame for anyone who uses Swiftkey. This is part watch, but I noticed the louder summon your phone sound.

Please fill me in if I'm missing something but another look at Widgets and Stacks still has me using a conventional screen. I'm not finding a faster way to use the many apps I do than their being accessable on a main screen and folders.
    09-15-2022 10:32 AM
    I just found the setting. Excellent! Any idea of the general impact of haptic on battery life?
    No, just a guess. The battery life on the Pro Maxes, for me, is so epic that I just take it for granted. I haven’t noticed and subjective difference in battery life this past week.
    09-16-2022 05:27 AM
    I’m slow to the party, but I’m planning on updating today since I’m off work
    09-16-2022 10:57 AM
    I think the battery % in the battery symbol is weird. I turned it on for a second then turned it off. This was in my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I also don't like the notifications at the bottom of the lock screen.
    09-16-2022 11:09 AM
    I think the battery % in the battery symbol is weird. I turned it on for a second then turned it off. This was in my iPhone 13 Pro Max.
    What about it is weird to you?
    bgl321 likes this.
    09-16-2022 11:11 AM
    The placement inside of the battery indicator. For me I think it would be better outside of the battery indicator. But looking at my iPhone it doesn't look like they had the real estate to put it outside. I just turned it off and will stick with the indicator and swipe down if I want to see the %.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-16-2022 11:44 AM
42 12