Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just installed it on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. So far so good I see the little changes here and there as I am still playing around with the phone and changing up my screen and wallpaper

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
A competitor site states states the devices that haven’t gotten the battery percentage back are the following:

iPhone* XR,
iPhone 11
iPhone 12 mini
iPhone 13 mini

I have the 11. I do not have the numeric battery indicator. (for me it's not something that is of any consequence).

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I had that ! but because it is so small turned it off in
Battery setting, pretty pointless really, particularly because if you hold the battery ikon the enlarged version in the middle of the screen does not have the percentage in it ! have the XS.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
A competitor site states states the devices that haven’t gotten the battery percentage back are the following:

iPhone* XR,
iPhone 11
iPhone 12 mini
iPhone 13 mini

According to this iMore article,  16.1 will be bringing the battery percentage to the screen of the phones that didn’t initially get to have that option !! So I’ll wait till GM 16.1 is available. I’ve never run an betas on any of my phones.

https://www.imore.com/iphone/ios-16...-the-iphones-that-ios-16-said-couldnt-have-it

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Question in regards to the way lock & Home Screen wallpapers get set on iOS 16.

I’m not going to lie, I find it extremely frustrating setting a Home Screen wallpaper without changing the Lock Screen. I like to use different walls for the lock and home.

I used to be able to go into my photo app, pick my wall and set it as Home Screen. With iOS 16 doing a simple task to keep my lock wall and my home wall different seems like a cluster f@Ck situation.

Is there another way to set a Home Screen wallpaper WITHOUT going into Settings/Wallpaper/Customize…? Am I missing something here

TIA for any help/explanation

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Question in regards to the way lock & Home Screen wallpapers get set on iOS 16.

I’m not going to lie, I find it extremely frustrating setting a Home Screen wallpaper without changing the Lock Screen. I like to use different walls for the lock and home.

I used to be able to go into my photo app, pick my wall and set it as Home Screen. With iOS 16 doing a simple task to keep my lock wall and my home wall different seems like a cluster f@Ck situation.

Is there another way to set a Home Screen wallpaper WITHOUT going into Settings/Wallpaper/Customize…? Am I missing something here

TIA for any help/explanation

Yes, I felt that frustration as well. But after playing with it a few days, I figured how to work it. At least my way. Lol I have my own little tricks. When you finish customizing your lock screen. Tap done in the upper right. Then click your side power button to turn it off. Then click it again to turn back on. Your home screen should still be there.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I felt that frustration as well. But after playing with it a few days, I figured how to work it. At least my way. Lol I have my own little tricks. When you finish customizing your lock screen. Tap done in the upper right. Then click your side power button to turn it off. Then click it again to turn back on. Your home screen should still be there.

Yes, I’ve been doing that for when I set my Lock Screen.

But seriously, there’s got to be an easier way… it just seems so @ss backwards that Apple set this up in this way.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I’ve been doing that for when I set my Lock Screen.

But seriously, there’s got to be an easier way… it just seems so @ss backwards that Apple set this up in this way.

Agree 100%. And it's difficult to set a homescreen wallpaper only in the Photos app. I've had issues setting my custom wallpapers. Can't just tap to set now. I have to use my fingers to try and get it to fit. And some are really difficult. Especially the ones with borders around my icons and folders.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Agree 100%. And it's difficult to set a homescreen wallpaper only in the Photos app. I've had issues setting my custom wallpapers. Can't just tap to set now. I have to use my fingers to try and get it to fit. And some are really difficult. Especially the ones with borders around my icons and folders.

Honestly it drives me insane…

I almost don’t want to change my wallpaper on my Home Screen anymore as frustrating as it is.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So far, I've created 18 lockscreen/homescreen combos. So I just switch from one to another combo.

The one I use the most is a stack of 9 Van Gogh painting images that rotate each time that my phone unlocks. I may change it to rotating once per day, just so I see each image for a longer period of time.

I also still have my original lock screen / wallpaper combo from iOS 15. I don't care all that much about widgets on the lock screen, so I may go back to that eventually. I don't love the stock wallpapers for iOS 16 compared with iOS 15, that's for sure.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2